Forums

Help › Forums

Continued downfall

Thu, May 7 2015 12:05 AM (56 replies)
  • isgimpy
    2 Posts
    Tue, Feb 24 2015 8:42 PM

It is a complete disappointment that WGT has continued a pattern of unlawful, and unrestrained interference with play by WGT employees. I originally thought, at first, it might be mechanical failure of some sort.  However,I am now convinced that continued disruption by WGT staff, allowed by extremely shoddy and uncaring supervision, has obviously caused a marked decrease in player participation.  It is really a shame to witness the demise of such a wonderful venue, a very important outlet for those of us who love the game of golf, and are unable to continue to enjoy actual play because of age or physical disabilities.  You created a wonderful outlet for a lot of folks, and have destroyed it due to bad management, lust for the almighty buck, or whatever other reasons to cause its demise. If you wish to comment on this complaint, my email address at rfenl3@ptd.net.

.Sincerely, George R Fennell

• billyyorkie
    8 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 7:08 AM

cant agree more 

Just back from a lengthy delay for maintenance and you got it the meter jumping all over cost me a very expensive ball ,,, just typical of the way this site is now maintained !!

Maybe the maintenance had nothing to do with any software upgrade! it may have been flooding caused by a leaky John in your wash rooms! therefore I suggest you send your software engineers in to try and rectify as they my prove a little more successful at this then what you pay them for 

I

• Mesbe
    2 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 8:15 AM

Seems to be a lot of this here talk? I just joined, and started playing the last week. Seems I can't play a full 18 hole game with my friend. I did spend a bit of money to suit up.  

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 8:32 AM

you tell em George :)

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 8:59 AM

Nailed it George.

• tramilleo
    1,889 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 9:19 AM

^^^^^ +100

• patrickmar
    245 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 9:39 AM

its all about that greed for the mighty dollar. updates that are useless meter issues after updates. i just played the most horrible game, to where i couldnt even make a straight in putt because of this. cant log in half the time anymore and game freezes up. all i can say is wtf WGT

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:24 AM

isgimpy:

It is a complete disappointment that WGT has continued a pattern of unlawful, and unrestrained interference with play by WGT employees. I originally thought, at first, it might be mechanical failure of some sort.  However,I am now convinced that continued disruption by WGT staff, allowed by extremely shoddy and uncaring supervision, has obviously caused a marked decrease in player participation.  It is really a shame to witness the demise of such a wonderful venue, a very important outlet for those of us who love the game of golf, and are unable to continue to enjoy actual play because of age or physical disabilities.  You created a wonderful outlet for a lot of folks, and have destroyed it due to bad management, lust for the almighty buck, or whatever other reasons to cause its demise. If you wish to comment on this complaint, my email address at rfenl3@ptd.net.

Hmm, and then we have the grassy knoll!  My nickle.

• bradbrud
    143 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:33 AM

isgimpy:

well said George and patrick

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:47 AM

isgimpy:
    WGT has continued a pattern of unlawful, and unrestrained interference with play by WGT employees.

Care to elaborate George? This part of your statement has me confused.

If you are referring to "manipulation" there has to be a certain amount to make the game a little more realistic (just look at the scores posted) and keep us interested - too easy we get bored VERY quickly and leave.

I agree that this company is run very poorly with little or no accountabilities and  probably due to a lack of clear vision and leadership skills. 

That said it is still a damn fine game, albeit frustrating at times due to the increasing amount of bugs, but as a virtual monopoly, what choice do we have?

I too have noticed a lot of people on my friends list are playing a lot less or not at all. I have also noticed that forum participation has dwindled and really has become an extension of a complaints department.

I want to see this game reach it's potential (IMO currently a long way from it) but until there are changes at the top that can turn a start up company into a long term company things will not improve dramatically.

RSS