Forums

Help › Forums

*** Green dots update ***

Sun, May 17 2015 6:08 PM (564 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 1:51 PM

It is the result when you have simpleton shot-callers installing things, one after another, that defy reason or useful purpose.  ~ SP ~

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 1:54 PM

Dear WGT,

Time to call that "Top Engineer from the company down the street" that fixed the meter for you all last week.

Sincerely,

everybody that plays WGT

• oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 1:58 PM

garylewisgr:

I've switched to cheap wgt G13-s balls and playing Bandon dunes mostly now. I'm not saturated as a Legend yet and I'm not going to let WGT's stupidity screw things up !!!

WAY TO GO WGT !  YOU BLEW IT AGAIN !!!!!

Am doing similar bit more extreme, playing WGT rocks and any unlimited I can find, and not finishing the round.

Have managed Olympic, Kiawah and St Andrews so far.

To me Olympic is the worst, dots almost as big as the ball.

Kiawah have missed a succession of short putts, some only 1' 6"..

On #8 three putted from 8 feet.

Madness

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 2:16 PM

IRISHPUNK:

Time to call that "Top Engineer from the company down the street" that fixed the meter for you all last week.

This is the guy that f'ed it up, so maybe not such a good idea!! Don't know how these things work, but it seems like he fiddled with the animation to get the meter smooth and this mucked up the putting view dots.

Icon's efforts to get the putt views and chip views back in agreement have been successful in this regard, but have resulted in all the dots (including the UEL ones I think) being too slow.

Not sure how the meter got mucked up so badly with the last month's update though. This was also when the putting meter went out of alignment, so fiddling with that for no reason was perhaps the cause. Nothing to do with the changes to the rough which were ages ago.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 2:55 PM

All they did (or said they did) to smooth the meter out was remove the programming that made the meter travel at different speeds to emulate the golf swing(in reality the anti otto dinger programming), which is obviously active again...

Still unplayable here and it has to be costing them a lot of $, so what happened to all the communication from the 2 Admins to keep us up to date like they were a few days ago?

Got a feeling this is going to be a long fubar...

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 3:32 PM

"mmmmmmm  meter or dots"

• Beryman
    9,098 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 3:41 PM

fmagnets:
    But it MUST be done quickly. The longer it is left, the more feel is being lost for what the dots Vs breaks are supposed to be like.

agreed...if it is an extended amount of time....most will be lost

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 3:42 PM

im thinking they (wgt ) is thinking that if people still play then HELL WITH THEM ...we,ll just do as we please

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 3:55 PM

Well someone is messing around "Under the Hood". About every 5-6 holes I'll get a smooth meter. The rest of the time the meter speeds up even with my decent balls. It feels like I'm playing with the Free Rocks, And yes I've cleared everything ect.........

• Magpiesaregood
    265 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 3:59 PM

Hi WGT

Any update on the progress of this dot speed fix?

Will it be days, weeks, months or never?

Even if nothings is being done cause of whatever reason can you please advise. Surely you can give some indication of what is happening?

Thanks

RSS