rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 1 2015 1:20 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2015 3:47 PM

WildBillbakerhil:
    It ain't helped me.

As said several times already you can block them for nothing.  The group I never addressed are the people like you.  Suspect you are a non gamer / pre computer age person, and they won't miss a trick to lift and extra $5 from you.   I guess many of us are all old enough to recognise a used car trick, and they are helping the one born every minute every day same as those places:)

Can't help but think on the high street that claim would at least be tested, and they would held to account if not true.  Definition of "significantly" probably means no clue to zero difference is my starting guess, LOL.

Anyway as said in the thread just use a a free ad block, and it will delete all ads.  If you don't know how just ask:)

EDIT:

Just out of interest does the mobile version have an issue with too many ads? Of it does is there an ad block for that ?

• EasyEdward
    13,507 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 1:20 PM

TopShelf2010:

DodgyPutter:
    NEW - Any purchase of credits will significantly
    reduce WGT banner and video ads

In all honesty, I find this "new" approach to Ads from WGT interesting and a little disturbing.While I do not have the 'numbers' in front of me, I would think that Ad hits while members are visiting WGT are almost as important as purchases from members.

Could it be another tasteless and shameless attempt at a cash grab?

Could it be that the 'slow down' of ball purchases from those of us die-hards has finally got their attention and attempting to generate income in other ways?

As always, I would truly enjoy an official response on this however, we know how likely that will be.

According to what I saw the other day WGT's Ad revenue is just over $800 per day.

http://mysite.reviews/stats/wgt.com

That makes $296,000 a year. Which generally means based on an average programer's salary in San Fransisco of $94,500 enough money for 3 programers and not much else. 

My guess is that much much more than $800 a day comes from virtual club / ball sales. At $5 a sleeve for a decent ball 160 WGT members buying a sleeve of balls each day makes WGT $800.

Everyone can make their estimates but one thing is clear to me: Ad Revenue is not the bigest money maker for WGT. Heck 20 of the176 members on my friends list bought balls so far today....

• PAGES
RSS