Forums

Help › Forums

What average is required to move up to Tour Master?

Wed, Jun 26 2024 3:37 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BlackBogey
    350 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2024 3:37 PM

Will01509:

You need to get to 63 and 50 ranked rounds to get to tour master which I have just done my average now is 63 tourmaster hope that helps if your in a club get them to set an easy average tournament up they have one at my club we use PGA tourney you have to learn the course then when you can play it ok you just work at it and you will se your scores tumble thanks will

So digging up a 13 year old post to explain how to artificially lower your average (reverse sandbag) by playing nothing but easy set-ups over and over again - nice!  Do you really think you are going to become a better player, or have more enjoyment in the long run by playing the same PGA/Red tee/low wind/easy green speed course over and over again until you drop your average low enough to advance Tiers?  Just think how much fun Merion or Olympic or Chambers will be under regular conditions once you get your "promotion".

Very telling that your most recent scores that are NOT on one of your Red Tee PGA tourneys are: Kiawah - 40; Oakmont - 48; Congress - 48; PGA - 38; Merion - 39; Bethpage - 41; Torrey - 37.  All this as a L125 who has the best driver, 3wd, irons, putter, who should be driving a good % of the par 4s and easily reaching all the par 5s from that Tier's tee boxes. (the rest of your club selection leaves me scratching my head but not my place to tell another how to spend their $ if they aren't asking for advice).

• PAGES
RSS