Forums

Help › Forums

WALKING AWAY FROM THE GAME...

Sat, Sep 19 2015 8:40 PM (24 replies)
  • golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2015 7:00 PM
    WHEN I QUIT THIS GAME I TRULY LOVE, IT WILL NOT BE DUE TO CHOPPY METERS, TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, BLUE SCREENS OR VULTURES IN THE FORUM OR MEMBER SERVICES........IT WILL BE DUE TO TRIALPAYS, SPONSORPAYS, SUPERSONICADS, THE "OTHERS" AND ESPECIALLY PEANUT LABS. HAVING TO EARN CREDITS DUE TO ECONOMIC CIRCUMSTANCES AND A FIXED INCOME, THESE COMPANIES THAT YOU CHOSE TO GET IN BED WITH ARE DISGRACEFUL. AND THE FACT THAT WGT CHOOSES NOT TO "GET INVOLVED" WITH CREDITS, WILL ONLY MAKE IT THAT MUCH EASIER TO WALK AWAY. YOU MAY NOW ALL HAVE YOUR GOOD LAUGHS.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2015 7:25 PM

Do you really need to play with level 92 vapor balls?

Step down to level 48? Nikes, save some credits, have some fun.

• golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2015 7:37 PM

MBaggese:

Do you really need to play with level 92 vapor balls?

Step down to level 48? Nikes, save some credits, have some fun.

In a simple sentence.........Not the point.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2015 7:43 PM

I was thinking same thing...I too am on a fixed income and use calloways at $2.50 per sleeve. ...why?...because they are decent and "affordable"

Any hobby worth having requires some sort of investment, either money or, even more valuable, your time (doing surveys, etc)....WGT is amongst the cheapest of Hobbies that I have found, especially if you play it a lot.  Well worth the money. 

I have run into several people who find it necessary to post in public forum (?) that they love the game but cant afford it...and they're always using $7.00 sleeves of balls.....absolutely not necessary unless you're a big time tournament player.

The decision to stay or go is yours alone to make...no need to advertise it....most of us have much bigger fish to fry.

ct

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2015 7:57 PM

golfvader7:
    .Not the point.

What is your point then?

You mentioned "disgraceful" but maybe you would care to elaborate?

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2015 8:28 PM

MBaggese:

golfvader7:
    .Not the point.

What is your point then?

You mentioned "disgraceful" but maybe you would care to elaborate?

I'm sure as a long playing TL, he has already thought of the things you and I had suggested to make the game more affordable...$7.50 vapor balls?...really?...I don't think he wants solutions...I think he wants sympathy(?), which is why he felt the need to post his personal financial issues on the public forum to elicit comments. This may not even be about WGT...

ct

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2015 9:52 PM

When I quit this game it will be because I'm going to die, or going blind!

When this happens, I will most likely tell 4-5 other people via PM's, and just go!

I will do this because I am intelligent enough to realize that the vast majority don't really give a $hit if you leave, nor should they !!!

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2015 10:14 PM

Mr Vader those sponsors & advertisers help pay for the site we all love to play, & your lucky we even get the chance to earn free credits, a lot of countries dont  get any offers @ all. youve been doin the offers long enough to know its a 50/50 crap shoot, ive been a member of  the WGT half  as long as you & i do the "free credits" & have earned well over 6 figures w/ very minimal effort, about a hour each time i try  , its a game inside a  game, gl w/ what ever you decide..

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2015 10:21 PM

If you live in the USA and you're not getting any credits something is wrong.. with you..

The last 4 days I've got 710, 710, 710, and 950 today.. All from the Yahoo Community videos. No telling how many credits I've got this calender year, it's a LOT.. 

RSS