Forums

Help › Forums

Its just a game

Fri, Jan 28 2011 6:15 AM (29 replies)
  • TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2011 1:03 PM

JUST A GAME, JUST A GAME ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!. Well I suppose yes it is :)

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2011 2:01 PM

Not the thread I thought it would be from the title.

Usually when I hear those words I cringe, cos it invariably comes after someone screws up BIG TIME!

In Left4Dead, it is often heard just after some f***knuckle has just incinerated the whole party with an errant molotov.

To which I usually reply, "When you play Monopoly, do you just pass the bank to your opponent, because after all its ONLY A GAME!

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2011 2:46 PM

Longwedge!

I love your eloquence,you say it all and in a good way.I see a patient father settling family squabbles.Are you married...?

Lizzie x

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2011 3:43 PM

LizzieRossetti:

Longwedge!

I love your eloquence,you say it all and in a good way.I see a patient father settling family squabbles.Are you married...?

Lizzie x

Amazing detective skills Miss Lizzie.  I have a wonderful wife of 6 years and a little 4 year old boy.  I think the patience comes from growing up in a laid back household of rednecks though.

-Long

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2011 4:07 PM

"I think the patience comes from growing up in a laid back household of rednecks "

Or just maybe a generation or two of the famed upholders of the law..

But more likely it's to do with those who swing mighty 'pon the louisville slugger

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2011 4:51 PM

LizzieRossetti:

Or just maybe a generation or two of the famed upholders of the law..

But more likely it's to do with those who swing mighty 'pon the louisville slugger

I'm going to step out on a limb here and show you my ignorance a bit as I haven't brushed up lately on the lingo from my brothers and sisters across the pond...I'm assuming that was a compliment...lol

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2011 5:30 PM

Umm ya,a fair tidy compliment too also.

Texas Rangers.They are legend both in their steadfast adherance to Law and order stretching back 200 years and some,and their dedication to task.Throughout the wild west an outlaw would fear with goodly respect the fact that he knew the Texas Ranger was on his hide.

I do believe too,that Texas Sports a baseball institution which goes by the same name,I knew you would be one or the other,but not which is all.

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2011 7:11 AM

LizzieRossetti:

Umm ya,a fair tidy compliment too also.

Texas Rangers.They are legend both in their steadfast adherance to Law and order stretching back 200 years and some,and their dedication to task.Throughout the wild west an outlaw would fear with goodly respect the fact that he knew the Texas Ranger was on his hide.

I do believe too,that Texas Sports a baseball institution which goes by the same name,I knew you would be one or the other,but not which is all.

OK, now we are back at even eyes here.  Truth is, growing up in the Great State, I'm a huge fan of both. 

Born and raised in Dallas, our "baseball institution" as you so eloquently called it, occasionally made me feel as if I was indeed institutionalized...they could flat out drive me crazy.  Now they are finally owned by a true baseball man himself, Nolan Ryan...a Texas baseball Legend, and seem to be headed in the right direction.  Happy days are here.

The Lawmen that you spoke of, are still running and gunning today...but in a more special forces capacity.  Where most police units stick to their general jurisdiction, the Rangers have free run through the state taking on the issues of drug traffic and illegal immigration and such.

I'm a true Texan in the sense that I was born in Dallas, educated in Austin, currently reside in Houston, and vacation in San Antonio...although I would like to add the disclaimer that I have traveled this great world several times over during my 5 years spent in the US Navy.

Flat out enjoying the converation Lizzie

-Long

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2011 7:14 AM

Longwedge:
    the Rangers have free run through the state taking on the issues of drug traffic and illegal immigration and such.

Don't forget about Walker, Texas Ranger.  :-)

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2011 8:18 AM

YankeeJim:

Longwedge:
    the Rangers have free run through the state taking on the issues of drug traffic and illegal immigration and such.

Don't forget about Walker, Texas Ranger.  :-)

Thanks for the reminder...Chuck Norris was at my door preparing to deliver a roundhouse kick to the back of my head for not mentioning it.

RSS