Forums

Help › Forums

Day 12 WGT's Holiday Give away!

Fri, Dec 22 2017 11:45 AM (307 replies)
  • Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 3:23 PM

amateur4sure:
    You have created a brilliant thing here and long may it live on!!!!...

santa-ok.jpg#santa%20thumbs%20up%20157x178

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 4:55 PM

Some of you get it and some of you dont .

This was started as a Community event , The community of some people that had fun in the forums when the game was young , A way to give back to friends you know and some yet to be friends .

Who is the community you ask  ?     

Must be us that post or read the forums ,  Not just the players , But the mod,s also .

That is my community . 

Hi My name is OPY and here is how i see it ,,,,,,,,,,Please under stand I am Reformed and have spent some time cleaning  this post up before posting . 

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 5:55 PM

only true gift ive seen on this 12 days of Christmas was from  PAULTON ...hes taking his time to make you a logo ,banner ,trophy ,etc ...from his heart .....all this buy me this buy me that.BS is not Christmas.....REMEMBER Christmas is the joy of giving something from the joy you feel inside of you.....If you want something from a store .go buy it yourself

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 6:37 PM

Hey Everyone,

After reading through the last few pages of comments I feel that I need to set the record straight for a few of you and then ask WGT to lock this thread down.

For those of you that think WGT could have given away more gifts-

I organize this event and I also set the parameters of this event. This year I asked all the Santas (that includes WGT) to NOT give away more than 10,000 worth of gifts on their "day" so we could all be on the same gifting level.  WGT gave away gifts worth 9,990 credits, they did as I suggested.

For those of you that think WGT didn't show up for the big dance-

I was honored to represent WGT on their day. I have all my personal ducks in a row when it comes to Christmas eve, so when WGT asks me if I can send out gifts on their behalf on Christmas eve, it's not a burden on me....I'm honored to do it. The staff of WGT is on vacation like many of us are during this holiday season, and if I can help one of them spend a little more time celebrating the holiday with their family....than so be it.

Another thing you might not be aware of is the fact that WGT does more than just play Santa during this event. They have helped bring awareness to this event by doing things like creating a tournament in our name, creating pop-up ads letting players know that the event is taking place and even singling out players with a special "19th Hole: Holiday Edition" blog post, all in an effort to make the community aware of this event....I think they're doing their fair share.

I have had the pleasure of working with WGTShoe for the past few years on this event and he has always been a gentleman and a very gracious representative of WGT, thank you Shoe. This year I had the pleasure of meeting, and working with, two more members of the WGT team. I met WGTWilduck as she put together the beautifully crafted "19th Hole: The Holiday Edition" and then I had the pleasure of working with WGTShamWow on a few things that needed to happen behind the scenes. I thank them all.

So, if anyone else has a gripe about how this event was run....don't address them to any of the Santas, the Santa's helpers or WGT....you can address them to me!

Happy New Year everyone!

MC

• Drdave72
    272 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 8:59 PM

Thanks for all your hard work. I can only imagine how difficult it is keeping everything about this event organized and running smooth. I hope there is a WGT Christmas 2016 and I would be honored to help you out again.

Again, Thanks for everything Wayne!!!

Drdave72

• RoysterMaClane
    15 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 9:45 PM

Hey there all you WGT followers and most of all.....Santa and Santa's helpers!

Have great holidays, great weather and most of, find me a great set of clubs that will help my game.

Oh, and I almost forgot...THANKS from all of us!!

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 11:08 PM

:)   MC   ....             here is one more :)    for you  mon ami .

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2015 12:17 AM

mrcaddie:

Hey Everyone,

After reading through the last few pages of comments I feel that I need to set the record straight for a few of you and then ask WGT to lock this thread down.

For those of you that think WGT could have given away more gifts-

I organize this event and I also set the parameters of this event. This year I asked all the Santas (that includes WGT) to NOT give away more than 10,000 worth of gifts on their "day" so we could all be on the same gifting level.  WGT gave away gifts worth 9,990 credits, they did as I suggested.

For those of you that think WGT didn't show up for the big dance-

I was honored to represent WGT on their day. I have all my personal ducks in a row when it comes to Christmas eve, so when WGT asks me if I can send out gifts on their behalf on Christmas eve, it's not a burden on me....I'm honored to do it. The staff of WGT is on vacation like many of us are during this holiday season, and if I can help one of them spend a little more time celebrating the holiday with their family....than so be it.

Another thing you might not be aware of is the fact that WGT does more than just play Santa during this event. They have helped bring awareness to this event by doing things like creating a tournament in our name, creating pop-up ads letting players know that the event is taking place and even singling out players with a special "19th Hole: Holiday Edition" blog post, all in an effort to make the community aware of this event....I think they're doing their fair share.

I have had the pleasure of working with WGTShoe for the past few years on this event and he has always been a gentleman and a very gracious representative of WGT, thank you Shoe. This year I had the pleasure of meeting, and working with, two more members of the WGT team. I met WGTWilduck as she put together the beautifully crafted "19th Hole: The Holiday Edition" and then I had the pleasure of working with WGTShamWow on a few things that needed to happen behind the scenes. I thank them all.

So, if anyone else has a gripe about how this event was run....don't address them to any of the Santas, the Santa's helpers or WGT....you can address them to me!

Happy New Year everyone!

MC

MrCaddie - You have no idea of the immense respect I have for you - so much I would trust anything with you.

For those cynical, jealous or players who just need to try and slam WGT at every opportunity, it just shows your immaturity or lack of intelligence to think things through.

In a small way I have been associated with this event for quite some time, and the wotk Wayne puts into it is phenomenal.

He never asks for recognition and would  rather adorn any admiration on the "Santa's" but will step up immediately in the face of any criticism or complaints.

He monitors each thread spending hours of his time to make this event the success it is. This is the mark of a great person, who is unselfish and puts others to shame.

Wayne has been inspirational to me, and thanks to him, I managed to help a few people out this year, making a small difference to their Christmas (away from WGT).

To those who have complained and come across as selfish, greedy and ungrateful, please take a long look in the mirror and ask yourself, what difference have I made, and what sacrifices did I make? 

I would also like to thank WGT, and DB in particular for assisting MC in this event, of which has become stronger every year.

Finally to all the Santa's and also to those who joined in the spirit by gifting, kudos to you all.

This is a great community of which I am pleased to be a member of,  and the minority will not diminish nor dampen this community spirit or this event. 

• kathycat0
    10 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2015 12:30 AM

I DITTO EVERYTHING YOU SAID THX TO ALL THE SANTAS AND WGT FOR ALL THERE HARD WORK SORRY TO SHOUT LOL HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL .   WAITING FOR NEXT CLASH

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2015 3:59 AM

Thumbs up to another successful Christmas event.  Hat's off to all the Santa's. Elves. Helpers, and the WGT staff.....           We must always remember...."Those who can....do;  those who can not....generally whine, criticize,, and moan."

Now we can move along to worthless New Years Resolutions...and Taxes....  And to the whiners.......remember, living in your momma's basement  does not qualify as a deduction......

RSS