Forums

Help › Forums

Blown away by the Communities Generosity

Tue, Jan 5 2016 4:52 PM (28 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2016 7:28 PM

Title sums it up.

After possibly the most successful "Mr Caddies Christmas Giveaway", all the Santa's and other players who were not officially part of the official event (that also gave equipment away), it was very humbling to see such generosity and makes me proud to be part of the virtual golfing community.

This was drummed in to me today, when I met a player using starters equipment despite his tier. When quizzed he sold all his kit so he could be part of Mr Caddies event. WOW. 

He has no regrets (and we had a couple of great games both of us hacking away with starters kit), in fact, the opposite as he gained a lot of satisfaction from his actions.

I am not naming the player, but to you sir, I doff my hat.

WGT Tour Starter Pink 10.5° Driver (L10+)

150 Credits
    Yes sir...tempting....as you hit like a woman.....
    so I sent something a tad better.

• Drdave72
    272 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2016 8:44 PM

alanti:

Title sums it up.

After possibly the most successful "Mr Caddies Christmas Giveaway", all the Santa's and other players who were not officially part of the official event (that also gave equipment away), it was very humbling to see such generosity and makes me proud to be part of the virtual golfing community.

This was drummed in to me today, when I met a player using starters equipment despite his tier. When quizzed he sold all his kit so he could be part of Mr Caddies event. WOW. 

He has no regrets (and we had a couple of great games both of us hacking away with starters kit), in fact, the opposite as he gained a lot of satisfaction from his actions.

WGT Tour Starter Pink 10.5° Driver (L10+)

150 Credits
    Yes sir...tempting....as you hit like a woman.....
    so I sent something a tad better.

Yes, A lot of great people were a part of the event. I have made several new friends because of it. This is a great family we have here on WGT. Thanks to all involved and sacrificed to help out.

• Baldace
    3,254 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 1:00 AM

alanti:

Me neither but my cap is firmly doffed.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 3:38 AM

alanti:
    When quizzed he sold all his kit so he could be part of Mr Caddies event. WOW. 

Now that's pretty effin' cool.   PM me this player's name would ya,   I'd like to give back a little myself when I can.  :-)

• SamBigE
    43 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 3:46 AM

Warning before you y'all go and mess your mop up by removing said cap, do a little research and I believe you will see said individual has gifted balls on 1 occasion (as per activity history) in the past 30 days and I think you Alanti were the recipient of those NikeRZN balls. But knock ur self out Dr. Dave send away  all you can to this individual. And when your down stroking each others ego's and whatnot's please clean up the mess SUCKA!!! Unless you all have figured out some magical way to gift thats is not known to the masses, then I say "Alanti you been snowed man" and secondly individuals whom have gifted openly or privately do not require your praise, Humbleness is THEIR virtue. This individual clearly has not an iota of that, considering his mentioning of it to you (as well as per other threads said individual has participated in). So like I won't mention their name either but c'mon easy nuff to figure out.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 4:56 AM

SamBigE:

Warning before you y'all go and mess your mop up by removing said cap, do a little research and I believe you will see said individual has gifted balls on 1 occasion (as per activity history) in the past 30 days and I think you Alanti were the recipient of those NikeRZN balls. But knock ur self out Dr. Dave send away  all you can to this individual. And when your down stroking each others ego's and whatnot's please clean up the mess SUCKA!!! Unless you all have figured out some magical way to gift thats is not known to the masses, then I say "Alanti you been snowed man" and secondly individuals whom have gifted openly or privately do not require your praise, Humbleness is THEIR virtue. This individual clearly has not an iota of that, considering his mentioning of it to you (as well as per other threads said individual has participated in). So like I won't mention their name either but c'mon easy nuff to figure out.

This is what happens when someone with little or no knowledge makes a wrong assumption. You're venomous remarks are 100% wrong. I know all the details of this persons gifting but they are no-one else's business but his.

Sam you're a mean spirited, ill informed sad act, best you don't post anymore, it will save you from further embarrassment.

• SamBigE
    43 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 5:19 AM

Not mean spirited in the slightest, you have no clue, just pointing out things like the rest of you have throughout these forums by looking into activity and history, as many have copied and pasted such to prove their points. Proof is your burden now, did you not read where I said" Unless you all have figured out some magical way to gift not known to the masses" , so please elaborate if this is so.

You state (I know all the details of this persons gifting but they are no-one else's business but his.) so why are you making it yours then? You and others have questioned many posts, but God forbid that another can question theirs goose/gander scenario. I believe the ill advised part of all of this was Alanti's creation of this post.

I think you need to explain how does one magically gifts without a trail???? No intent on being venomous at all (if I were a name would have been stated or a copy/paste would have been done), just don't like to see others possibly being rooked. 

As well I feel no such embarrassment and if you can show or tell me this way of gifting I would be grateful as well as humbled, but certainly not embarrassed, Paul. Why would I be embarrassed for looking out for others

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 5:41 AM

alanti:

Yes sir...tempting....as you hit like a woman...

Erm, nice sentiment and all, Al, but there's a few women here that might take exception to this.  ;-)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 5:44 AM

SamBigE:
    Why would I be embarrassed for looking out for others

Your altruism is laudable but you're still wrong. I'm not going to explain how this happened without it showing in profiles but it did happen.

• Drdave72
    272 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 5:51 AM

SamBigE:
    knock ur self out Dr. Dave send away  all you can to this individual.

I'm pleased that I have your permission to "send away". It was really bothering me that you might not approve.

Just go away! What I do or don't do is my business.

RSS