Forums

Help › Forums

Blown away by the Communities Generosity

Tue, Jan 5 2016 4:52 PM (28 replies)
  • SamBigE
    43 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 5:54 AM

Good lets do it privately then, Paul, since you seem to wanna take the cause, which I admire. I am well aware of said profile. Furthermore this whole Christmas gifting is to be applauded for certain. I look forward to hearing from you Paul.

• SamBigE
    43 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 7:22 AM

Thank You Paul for the conversation, you are a gentleman. As for the gracious Christmas giver that I so hastily and unfairly scrutinized (I was only trying to protect others with the tools provided and info provided), I send my deepest apology and regret for my actions/words in this ill-born thread, I am deeply sorrowed and regretful for my part in this. WGT can you please make this thread go away for the sake of this wonderful man's deed's and all other parties involved as well. For all whom may still read this we have a Saint among us and I know he does not want nor ever has wanted to be recognized for this. The epitome of Humble he is, so Touques, Hats, Sombrero's, or whatever you got should come off for this upstanding individual.  

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 7:36 AM

Well said T, now move on, im sure he will be fine with this last comment you have made ;-)

P.S If you want some tips then ask no further than him also ;-)

EDIT Or from me as i am the best ;-)

Right now i can really mean im finished on WGT forums

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 8:40 AM

Well done to PaulTon for getting this sorted!

• adeypa
    1,151 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 8:54 AM

alanti:

I am not naming the player, but to you sir, I doff my hat., 

As do I, a good man for certain

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 11:24 AM

To Dr Dave and Hazen and some others who have PM'ed, sorry this player does not want anything, he is not looking for handouts. By donating to Mr Caddies Christmas giveaway, this gave him a lot of satisfaction and is the way the spirit of giving should be, and not judged in monetary terms.

To Jim, so true, many a woman hits a much straighter and longer ball than me in this game, and when you look at the LPGA, most woman on tour also put us average golfers to shame. No offence was meant to anyone, more a joke with the player himself as I am sure he will read this.

To Sam the player who gifted me a sleeve was as a result of a match play game, where the wager was a sleeve - I had lost a couple of times which resulted me in begrudgingly sending him a sleeve. Effer must have cheated to beat me lol - surely it was not my inferior skill set. It had nothing to do with Christmas. 

Yes there is a way to gift anonymously, and with the approval and help of WGT, so I would suggest you get your facts right before showing your ignorance. 

I agree that humbleness is a great virtue, and if one reason the player wanted no attention and he gained a lot more from his philanthropic approach than losing some clubs in a virtual game.

The intention was just to thank those players, and there are a lot of them,who contributed in some way to the event. No they do not want the accolades, but that does not make them any less deserving of the praise. 

There will always be non-believers and naysayers,  that is fine as we call have an opinions, all I say is make sure you have your facts right otherwise you can belittle yourself.

• Drdave72
    272 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 12:21 PM

alanti:

To Dr Dave and Hazen and some others who have PM'ed, sorry this player does not want anything, he is not looking for handouts. By donating to Mr Caddies Christmas giveaway, this gave him a lot of satisfaction and is the way the spirit of giving should be, and not judged in monetary terms.

To Jim, so true, many a woman hits a much straighter and longer ball than me in this game, and when you look at the LPGA, most woman on tour also put us average golfers to shame. No offence was meant to anyone, more a joke with the player himself as I am sure he will read this.

To Sam the player who gifted me a sleeve was as a result of a match play game, where the wager was a sleeve - I had lost a couple of times which resulted me in begrudgingly sending him a sleeve. Effer must have cheated to beat me lol - surely it was not my inferior skill set. It had nothing to do with Christmas. 

Yes there is a way to gift anonymously, and with the approval and help of WGT, so I would suggest you get your facts right before showing your ignorance. 

I agree that humbleness is a great virtue, and if one reason the player wanted no attention and he gained a lot more from his philanthropic approach than losing some clubs in a virtual game.

The intention was just to thank those players, and there are a lot of them,who contributed in some way to the event. No they do not want the accolades, but that does not make them any less deserving of the praise. 

There will always be non-believers and naysayers,  that is fine as we call have an opinions, all I say is make sure you have your facts right otherwise you can belittle yourself.

Nicely stated!!!

Many players forget it is just a game. Treat it that way and have fun. Scoring well is not the only way to have fun on WGT.

• Baldace
    3,254 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 1:14 PM

SamBigE:
    Warning before you y'all go and mess your mop up by removing said cap,

Absolute impossibility for me, as the name implies :)

RSS