Forums

Help › Forums

Blown away by the Communities Generosity

Tue, Jan 5 2016 4:52 PM (28 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 1:27 PM

alanti:
    To Dr Dave and Hazen and some others who have PM'ed, sorry this player does not want anything, he is not looking for handouts.

I totally understand and respect that.   I just wanted to toss something his way out of the blue as a random act of kindness.  

SamBigE:
    Not mean spirited in the slightest, you have no clue, just pointing out things like the rest of you have throughout these forums by looking into activity and history

Not arguing here, but without knowing who the player is, I'm not sure how you looked through their history?  Just asking is all, as I didn't see the player's name mentioned anywhere here.  Didn't see any thank you wall posts on profile pages.  Or did you know who the player was by some other knowledge outside of this thread?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 1:46 PM

hpurey:

Not arguing here, but without knowing who the player is, I'm not sure how you looked through their history?  Just asking is all, as I didn't see the player's name mentioned anywhere here.  Didn't see any thank you wall posts on profile pages.  Or did you know who the player was by some other knowledge outside of this thread?

It's possible to follow a trail to find player X, I think he'd rather we didn't.

SamBigE has made a full retraction and public apology, it's time to let this go...

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 2:30 PM

I agree with Paul.  I worked out who it was but don't really want to elaborate how as the said generous person does want it private.

I've had chats and Tyrone or Sam is gutted but I know some will say "so what" but I've said it.

I also know the secret santa ,although peeved, holes no malice. 

Sam had on one of the 12 day threads asked for a lad to have help with a santa gift which as per santa rules was not gifted. Sam has gifted me something and that will be passed on to the lad Sam wanted to help.

Please put this to bed 

P.S Secret Santa corrrrrrrr wud ya lol

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 3:57 PM

I know who as well, but I'll keep 'em anonymous.

Matthew 6:2-4:

"Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward.  But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth.  That thine alms may be in secret, and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly."

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 4:07 PM

You all knock it off, stop the nonsense and yes I have a right to say this.

I am one of the Old School players on here.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 4:33 PM

alanti:
    When quizzed he sold all his kit so he could be part of Mr Caddies event.

I can confirm this to be true.

Paul-

Thank you for starting a conversation with Sam. I don't know what was said but clearly you turned Sam around as evidenced by his sincere apology.

Sam-

There is a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes during those events that would never show up on a players activity page.

Listen, you're good in my book and if you feel like joining us next Christmas....I'd be happy to have you.

MC

• amateur4sure
    2,233 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 4:35 PM

renniw52:

You all knock it off, stop the nonsense and yes I have a right to say this.

I am one of the Old School players on here.

Well Said Rennie/Guys... Enough is enough, Let this one go.. Please....

Done and dusted folks,

Well done all!

Happy New year

Chris

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 4:39 PM

mrcaddie:
    if you feel like joining us next Christmas.

Or Christmas in July 2016 .   Help wanted , Santa,s needed .

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 4:52 PM

mrcaddie:
    There is a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes during those events that would never show up on a players activity page.

RSS