Help › Forums

You just never know

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 9 2016 6:07 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2016 8:26 PM

Maybe if our justice system wasn't revolving-door, this wouldn't be a problem.  How often do you hear about crime issues in Singapore?

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2016 10:23 PM

It's becoming better NOT!

Golf course guessing is used as an immediate distraction,
    one agrees to "judgement by bullet".
    One states, "not my business, different country",
    one excuses his own mindset with the justice system.

Hey guys, a human was killed, what about some compassion?

To me, it's disgusting to see such callous disregard of humanity!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2016 2:15 AM

MichaelStroke:

Maybe if our justice system wasn't revolving-door, this wouldn't be a problem.  How often do you hear about crime issues in Singapore?

Funny, I lived in Singapore for 5 years. Is there crime there? Yes.

Maybe not a lot a violent crime, and virtually no gun crimes (if any) but as ads on TV say, "Low Crime Does Not Mean Zero Crime".

You also need to know a little about the system there too, as crime stats are not reported publicly, and when they are they are probably "adjusted". In other words, you only hear what you are allowed to hear!

All that said, I always felt safe in Singapore - certainly safer than virtually any western city.

Singapore used to be called the fine city.......certainly people who break the law were fined or jailed (when SARS was in full swing - a 76yo got jailed for 3 months for spitting lol)....and their justice system works...just ask any opposition leader!

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2016 3:52 AM

MichaelStroke:

Mexico just re-captured the drug cartel Kingpin "El-Chapo"...they are sending him back to the same prison he just escaped from just a few months ago...(with the help of half the prison authorities)...rumor has it he actually holds the lease on the prison, so it may not be long before he out on the streets again...lol

...i wonder if he plays golf ?

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2016 6:11 AM

alanti:

MichaelStroke:

Funny, I lived in Singapore for 5 years. Is there crime there? Yes.

Maybe not a lot a violent crime, and virtually no gun crimes (if any) but as ads on TV say, "Low Crime Does Not Mean Zero Crime".

You also need to know a little about the system there too, as crime stats are not reported publicly, and when they are they are probably "adjusted". In other words, you only hear what you are allowed to hear!

All that said, I always felt safe in Singapore - certainly safer than virtually any western city.

Singapore used to be called the fine city.......certainly people who break the law were fined or jailed (when SARS was in full swing - a 76yo got jailed for 3 months for spitting lol)....and their justice system works...just ask any opposition leader!

You can't completely eliminate crime, but when one of your main concerns is someone spitting on a sidewalk, you know you have your country in line.

Like me - I'm pretty law-abiding except for the large amounts of mail fraud I've committed.  But that's a victimless crime.  Nobody's going to put a business in a coffin because I've gamed the system a tad.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2016 6:07 PM

"You can't completely eliminate crime, but when one of your main concerns is someone spitting on a sidewalk, you know you have your country in line."

Getting to be where North Korea the only crime free country...they don't even need defense lawyers there...cough.

ps...they do seem to have a lot of magicians though; folks disappearing all the time.

• PAGES
RSS