Help › Forums

Moving to Next Level Up ???

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 29 2016 6:03 AM (20 replies)
  • alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2016 9:51 AM

o.k.

That leaves the irons open where "high trajectory" is a coveted characteristics - any proposal and comments from you?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2016 7:58 PM

You can earn credits for new equipment by watching videos and doing surveys on here. Also some country clubs award clubs as prizes in tournaments and others gift them. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 1:17 AM

Solarflares:
    Most definitely.   My advice on irons is to get the l59 G25 set.

Previous page " Don't buy the g25 set at l59"

You a walking contradiction m8.

The G25 L59 irons are without question the way to go for any member at that level...in fact they should arguably be the FIRST set of irons anyone ever buys.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 6:15 PM

Solarflares,

Sorry but I have to respectfully disagree with you and agree with Alosso..  Because I'm semi-retired and  have a limited budget I used the full set of lvl 59 G25's until I got to level 79 and could buy the white SLDR.  

I was not in a position to buy one of the better lower level drivers for the special price of 1995 credits (or more) and then have to replace it again in a short amount of time  I found both the driver and the 3W worked OK for me.

I still have a lvl 81 G25 3W, and sometimes use it if I'm having trouble hitting my lvl 89 BB 3W.  I compared the Ping 3W to the lvl 73 X2 Hot 3W on a free rental weekend and found the Ping was a little longer at 1/2 the cost.  And accuracy was the same for me.

Club usage is wildly different for everyone.  If it wasn't, then there wouldn't be a need for both the Nike and Versa putters.  And we all (or almost all)  have good and bad days when it comes to swing timing.

Are the Ping G25 driver and 3W as good as some of the other clubs available at that level?  No, but they would work for someone who has to watch his credits.  Buying a full set is one way to improve and enjoy the game on a budget.

phred952  

• Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 7:59 PM

alcaucin:
    The G25 L59 irons are without question the way to go for any member at that level...in fact they should arguably be the FIRST set of irons anyone ever buys.

+1

Those were the first irons that I purchased, and I was glad I waited. I was able to play decently with the starter irons, and then the Pings took me to legend. Great irons!  

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2016 7:28 PM

Solarflares,

I agree that the lvl 73 X2 Hot 3W was a little bit better due to the forgiveness  of 4.0 vs 3.0 for the Ping lvl 81.   I just didn't feel that the 1 dot justified being double the cost.  

To me bottom line would be how many Par 5's will you be able to get on the greens in 2?   Now I know I have a better chance with that lvl 89 BB 3W, just don't miss that ding.  We all know how that club punishes you if you do.

I used the lvl 30's ATV's until I could buy the top lvl RTX 2.0 Clevelands.  The ATvs were pretty good, but didn't have the stopping power the CW's do.  Of course I didn't have the shot knowledge then that I do now either.

In the end, it usually comes down to what you can afford.  I've done a lot of surveys to upgrade my equipment to the stuff I have now.  Not a lot of out of pocket cash.  Most of my limitations are me, not equipment.  /As I said, time and gravity do take their toll.

phred952

• theshortdriver
    138 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 1:13 AM

To me it is a fantastic game even at the lower tiers..all clubs no mater what tier you are in will give you a good round..focus is what wins rounds..my view is that anyone even those with lower distanced equipment can still beat someone with higher distanced equipment

RSS