Forums

Help › Forums

new courses

Sun, Jan 31 2016 4:25 PM (21 replies)
  • siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 10:01 PM

new par 5 are fine, so are the par 3's

the only thing I miss is the old par 4's , they were a challenge.

The new par 4 course is way to easy , with some of the must make birdie holes.

But that is what happens when you give a mediocre club a say in things.

No brain but plenty of passes spent .

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 11:58 PM

siggipj76:

Well I just played the best of 4, in an Alt with players of a similar standard.   Whilst I agree the course is not as hard as the old best of 4 (toughest challenge on the game) it is a fantastic Alt/matchplay course.

Play it,  all the holes are risk and reward (bar 1  IMHO) and I think it is a great addition to the game and wish to send my thanks for those who set this up and their consideration into making it happen.  Good job guys.

Sara

• CW1968
    6 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 4:06 AM

I personally think the change in courses is a good thing, I haven't been playing that long, but its a good change that was needed, was getting bored with the same old layout, well done WGT

• bowlahole
    132 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 11:22 AM

YES ! I have never quit a game on my own accord, yet my % rating is crap ! Thanks to all the disconnects. All WGT does is TALK BIG, why dont you do something besides adding (non ranked) holes) more garbage, DONT TALK, DO !

• FriendlyOne
    29 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 2:46 PM

This may not be exactly the right thread (although I am asking about "new courses"), but it seems to be a thread that wgt/TruGolf read and maybe there will be an answer to me, so here goes . . . .

Can Master tier please get some new courses for their 100cr premium bracket tourneys?  For the past month or so, I've been getting pretty good playing Merion (tourney greens, high wind), St. Andrews (a breather), Pinehurst (championship greens!), and then Chambers Bay in the Finals.  However, can't we have something new to play in bracket (those of us who like brackets)?  Or at least different conditions (greens, wind) or pin positions?

Or do you change them every month and I should just wait until February?

Thank you.

FriendlyOne

• bugsyp
    1,125 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 5:50 PM

Good to have new courses albeit a mix of existing holes   but why  not keep the old best of  courses in addition to the new ones giving us more choice. ????

387 Posts
    01-29-2016 8:49 AM

In addition to working on courses we are also working on disconnects and stability. Our number one focus is to bring our players the best game possible. 

_CHAMPION

If No1 focus is to bring your players the best game possible then that is a game that can be played with no interruptions and no disconnects in the middle of the game with often games not being finished because of disconnects and instability.

Please give disconnects in multi player games your priorit and put new equipment on the back burner until this is sorted.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 6:39 PM

sarak362336:

siggipj76:

Well I just played the best of 4, in an Alt with players of a similar standard.   Whilst I agree the course is not as hard as the old best of 4 (toughest challenge on the game) it is a fantastic Alt/matchplay course.

Play it,  all the holes are risk and reward (bar 1  IMHO) and I think it is a great addition to the game and wish to send my thanks for those who set this up and their consideration into making it happen.  Good job guys.

Sara

I agree Sara. I think the new courses a pretty good and well done to the CC's that made em up.

I wrote on a different post that I was disappointed by the lack of Cabo and Whistler.  Looks like the CC's were directed by Wgt that no holes from those courses were to be included. It could also explain why the old courses had to be replaced, because I think there had holes from Cabo and Whistler  Not complaining, just saying.

-Roger

Edit .  Cabo, Whistler and Oak.  Looks like they fall in the same basket.  That is a bit disappointing that regulations are in place.

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 9:34 PM

mantis0014:
    It could also explain why the old courses had to be replaced, because I think there had holes from Cabo and Whistler

This, probably.

OAK had not been included in any Best Of courses before.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2016 10:28 PM

I have no problem with the new courses, however I only play the Par 5 course in CC, Eagles only tourneys.....I do not play Par 3's at all, but the old Par 4 course was a belter.

Yes it was very tough, so a watered down version has no interest, so unless I was invited to an Alt game on it, I will pass on this too.

So my question is, why spend the time on a mashed course and not concentrate on the B9 of Pebble? These courses will not coax players to play more, so revenue will not increase. A new course will get players churning out the rounds to "learn" the course.

I can only assume this was driven by TruGolf, if not, lack of vision again WGT.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2016 12:28 AM

alanti:

So my question is, why spend the time on a mashed course and not concentrate on the B9 of Pebble?

And a valid question Alan.  Assuming the photos of Pebble B9 are all done, which they surely must be, then getting this put together would have been a better use of the monkeys programmers time.

RSS