Forums

Help › Forums

New: Nike Vapor Fly Irons

Sun, Jul 17 2016 9:24 AM (32 replies)
  • josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 4:16 PM

Here's a new set of irons from Nike that are in stores as of today. Specs look very nice. Would be a nice iron set to fit in between the 

NIKE VR Forged Iron Set (L85+)

And the

TaylorMade RSi2 Iron Set (L90+)

to fill in the gap between level 85 through 90

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Mar 2 2016 1:09 PM

Bump,

Was just reading an email about these.  I may give them a run during demo days.  The vapor fly pro irons have a darker finish which I like in golf irons.   Would be cool to see them here and possible in my IRL golf bag.   Would be that much closer to playing same stuff on WGT and IRL.   Odyssey putter,  yellow callaway golf balls,  already in my bag.  Did have some Clevelend RTX wedges but sold them to look at some mizunos.   

Or some updated Ping irons here.   Hopefully something at the higher levels no matter what brand just to have some variety at the top.   Not necessarily saying they need to be better.   

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 2 2016 4:40 PM

hpurey:
    Would be cool to see them here and possible in my IRL golf bag.

Man, you are the junkie, H. LOL   :-D

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 5:31 AM

YankeeJim:
    Man, you are the junkie, H. LOL   :-D

LOL  you have no idea.    I'm contemplating buying a set of lower leveled irons that are closer to my real life yardages to feel like I am actually playing the courses here.   Obviously I'd need to use 3wd from the tee to be closer to reality and not the monster BB 3wd that I have now.  ;-)

The only thing stopping me really is a dry spell in the earn credits area.   Well, that and thinking a new set of high level irons are coming sooner or later.  lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 6:42 AM

hpurey:
    and thinking a new set of high level irons are coming sooner or later.

I can't imagine what they could do to top the Vapors and still maintain some semblance of reality. I mean, max out the dots on them now and what would you have? Oy.  

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 7:03 AM

Not really looking for "better"   just different.  

Maybe different  yardage gaps  or just different imaging so you don't have everyone playing the same stuff every round and then it's up to who has the best golf ball or reflexes.  ;-)

Maybe a slightly higher trajectory and same rated club distances?  

I think upping the clubs distance by 5 yards each club from PW up to 3iron  with either slightly less forgiveness or a little faster meter or even a little less spin wouldn't be too over the top and I'd jump on them just for the longer 3 iron lol.   Well,  and because they are something new   LOL.

What we have now is fine,  I agree with that, but just think a bit of variety at the top would be nice. 

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 7:37 AM

It would need a yellow swooooooosh to work for you

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 8:40 AM

gsoup:

It would need a yellow swooooooosh to work for you

The non tour version have a yellow swoosh but the club finish isn't as dark as the pro version with blue swoosh.  Being a U of M fan, I'd be ok with either.  ;-)

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 8:44 AM

hpurey:

I'm contemplating buying a set of lower leveled irons that are closer to my real life yardages to feel like I am actually playing the courses here.

Out of interest, what yardages are these and what were you eyeing up in the pro shop? 

I haven't played for years but I knew my 8 iron would go 150 yards, almost every time.  From there I added or subtracted 10 yards for each club up or down.  Sadly the 8 was the only really reliable club in my bag.

RSS