Forums

Help › Forums

New: Nike Vapor Fly Irons

Sun, Jul 17 2016 9:24 AM (32 replies)
  • ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 10:27 AM

hpurey:
    Being a U of M fan, I'd be ok with either.  ;-)

Would not have thought about that, but now I could only get them if they were Scarlet and Gray.  ;-)

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 12:44 PM

Part of a Golf Week review. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 1:21 PM

Joseph-That box that has the 550 in it when you insert your image is the page width. If you set that to 450 you'll be able to see your whole post.  :-)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 6:02 PM

MainzMan:

hpurey:

I'm contemplating buying a set of lower leveled irons that are closer to my real life yardages to feel like I am actually playing the courses here.

Out of interest, what yardages are these and what were you eyeing up in the pro shop? 

I haven't played for years but I knew my 8 iron would go 150 yards, almost every time.  From there I added or subtracted 10 yards for each club up or down.  Sadly the 8 was the only really reliable club in my bag.

I'm going to with my yardage before the end of last season when my back problems worsened and really affected my distances since I think I'll get back to conservative consistency lol.

PW 115-120  and 3 iron/hybrid 215-220, Looking at the L83 Pings or the L85 Nike in the proshop.   The Pings are more close on the 3 iron but the Pw is not so much the Nikes are closer to being spot on when I really strike the long irons well.  

The L69 Ping i25's are probably the best in terms of distance between my PW and 3 iron but the chit meter speed and forgiveness would be so bad I wouldn't even want to play them lol.  

Sort of hoping an updated Ping iron would show up here and help me decide.  I like the G20's I gamed last year but looking for something new,  they were hardly used and cheap on ebay.  

Same for me regarding the 8 iron for my 150 club.  Without much effort it was my most consistent distance club.  I would lay up to 150 when others were laying up much closer to 100 but I'd grab my trusty 8 iron and have a closer putt than they would everytime lol.

May be why the 8 iron pisses me off here so much here,  damn thing will go 150 with spin into a headwind but not when you play for it to do that lol.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 6:04 PM

ColumbusStorm:

hpurey:
    Being a U of M fan, I'd be ok with either.  ;-)

Would not have thought about that, but now I could only get them if they were Scarlet and Gray.  ;-)

We'll just leave this one alone.  ;-)

Today I went and looked at the new Nike irons in person.   Not really a fan,  didn't like the Vapors irons that we have here either.  

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 8:32 PM

I tried to get WGT to make improvements that would more accurately reflect my RL golf game, but apparently the windmill and the giant clown's head were too much work for the art department.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2016 9:51 AM

josephk2317:

Here's a new set of irons from Nike that are in stores as of today. Specs look very nice. Would be a nice iron set to fit in between the 

NIKE VR Forged Iron Set (L85+)

And the

TaylorMade RSi2 Iron Set (L90+)

to fill in the gap between level 85 through 90

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2016 10:34 AM

SweetiePie:

josephk2317:

Here's a new set of irons from Nike that are in stores as of today. Specs look very nice. Would be a nice iron set to fit in between the 

NIKE VR Forged Iron Set (L85+)

And the

TaylorMade RSi2 Iron Set (L90+)

to fill in the gap between level 85 through 90

The Nike Flys have not been seen in person yet by me, only in print. Yet I assume they are not as tight or harsh as to what I seem to prefer, however they seem to have a look`about them that is neat. With the stated attributes,  I must agree with Joseph that they would be a natural, and simple fit to ease in between the Nike L-85 and the TM L-90. A perfect fit as most would agree. The Nike Vapor Pro is closest to what I would want But My new Mizuno's won out with ease. It is my own mental issue. I don't like nor own anything Nike; soft or hard goods. The Vapor Pro would be the natural answer to the top iron offering because of it's strict, non-flexable demand for the better swing and solid ball striking of the sweet spot. But of course Nike only produces the very best if one reads their promo and marketing print or TV pitches. They have a seriously stunning cash position and can gain top banana players to exaggerate actual performance, and they pay very well.  ~ Lily ~ 

• binkybaxter1
    1,556 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2016 11:06 AM

could do with a forged set  215-110   high trajectory.

binky :)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2016 11:18 AM

SweetiePie:
    But My new Mizuno's won

How you doing Lily?   Nice to see you in the forums.

What Mizuno's did you go with?   Last season I went to Pings after being a long time Callaway guy.  Was stuck between Mizuno and Ping before making that switch but the deal I got on the Pings made the decision for me.   Never really was a Nike gear fan in real life, but I'm stuck on this bit about playing the same stuff on WGT as IRL.  LOL 

RSS