Forums

Help › Forums

im lost for words...

Tue, Apr 5 2011 8:30 PM (24 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 11:06 AM

Just played SA back 9. Was 3 under going into 17. All 1 putts up to here.

Nbr 17 3 putt for triple bogey, nbr 18 3 putt for bogey. I am totally convinced

WGT jumps in whenever it wants to f----- up your game. Have not complained

for a long time and I'm not complaining now but this is more than a coincedence.

The bean counters have a way to fill the tills. But I am staying for the fun and the

friends and could care less anymore about scores. It just looks bad to be a

master with a 74 avg, and I have never sandbagged, I have tried my best

every round.

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 11:11 AM

Didn't you already post this once a couple of days ago?  I've seen "... could care less anymore..." somwhere before.

And why is it in Community Introductions???

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 1:08 PM

Gentlemen, Gentlemen -

You will find that when you advance tiers, here in the WGT (an acronym for: Will Go Terribly wrong) that everything changes - I mean everything.

I know renniw52, and we have played round after round together. The fact of the matter is as you progress in tiers and levels everything becomes more complicated.

I have been a Master for 7 months. For a while there, I could not drive, chip, pitch let alone putt the changes. I would get so frustrated that I tried to break my virtual equipment-but to no avail. Go figure.

Keep playing, try different equipment and it will come to you just as it has to the rest of us.

Not everybody here can play as well as the Elite few, just like in the real-world.

As for you, Rich, you didn't have very much trouble giving me an *** whooping two games in a row. Sometimes things click and other times they don't.

Trust me gentlemen, there are days when I can't 5 putt on St Andrews let alone 1 putt.

Cheers!

- CS -

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 2:31 PM

CanineSupervisor:
    Trust me gentlemen, there are days when I can't 5 putt on St Andrews let alone 1 putt

Amen and whatnots

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 2:50 PM

Double amen. If you haven't noticed,  this game takes on your personal biorhythmic  cycles. Today you nail every putt, tomorrow you putt like a hack. Recognize this and you're 1/2 way to being a Bollux.  :-)

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 3:46 PM

I would say Amen to that, but it's already been said.  So I'll just keep quiet.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 4:47 PM

I think that one problem here is that you get promoted too fast. Do some good 9 hole rounds at St Andrews and whoops - you are a Pro. I think I was an amatuer for just one day. I have been a Master for a while now, partly cause I do not play so many ranked rounds anymore and partly because I am not really very good. Nowadays I prefer Match play (friendly) and Alternate Shot and that does not seem to affect your tier-advance-statistics at all.

The way how your average will just drop, never go up, will after a certain amount of ranked rounds played leads to a situation where people who's real average (all rounds counted) would be maybe 70-72 have a WGT average that is significantly lower and then they get "promoted" into a tier that does not suit their equipment, talent or experience.

• Nopor
    21 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2011 3:41 AM

Tightrope:

The way how your average will just drop, never go up, will after a certain amount of ranked rounds played leads to a situation where people who's real average (all rounds counted) would be maybe 70-72 have a WGT average that is significantly lower and then they get "promoted" into a tier that does not suit their equipment, talent or experience.

although i might agree that the progress through the tiers is faster than is should be (i Must admit i do play alot though), i do not agree with the way that as soon as i have reached the master tier, everything is reset and the conditions are a litlle more critical. i have worked very hard and taken alot of notes on how to use the clubs i have and play the shots i am dealt with, but to challenge everything, yes everything, so all the hard work and research i have put into playing this game to the best of my ability seems to not count anymore and i need to start again...is as far as realistic goes. if i learn what my equipment  can do and the abilities i can use to make the equipment perform goes, it should stay the same. once again, i do agree with alot of the comments about practice, but if i practice and practice and then all of a sudden the ''game'' changes what i believe is to be fact, then it makes it hard to get what i want out of the shot i believe i should be making.. just my opinion buy hey...

• Nopor
    21 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2011 3:45 AM

Bluenose12:

Just stick at it Nopor,I was ready for jumping off a high building when I first became Master,after playing and playing it all started to fall into place again.It WILL get better.

thanx mate, one of the more positive responses iv heard around here too. thanx again for the insight,,lol

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2011 2:57 PM

Okay here is what you deal with;  Today on ST.A  Back 9 I had a 9' putt on #3. Dead straight I dinged it and it went straight in the middle of the cup. Next hole I had a 4' putt no break showing, I'm careful with these short putts,had 5' of power and I dinged it ....it missed right by a good 2" and went passed the cup by 11" It's the way it is and you can't let it ruin your round. I think these kinds of unpredictable shots keep you interested. I guess lots of notes and rounds helps with shooting low scores.

RSS