Forums

Help › Forums

multiple accounts, whats the deal?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 22 2023 10:01 AM (20 replies)
  • darrenpaulLMB
    180 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 3:51 PM

I have heard a lot of talk and complaints about people who have more than one account to try and con other players, but really what is the big deal?

please don't think that by asking this I am thinking of doing it, I am just asking a general question.

if you create a new account, despite your current account, tier and level, surely you start from scratch don't you? I heard it mentioned that a legend could create a new account and get low scores because they would be on the closest tees, fair point they would have the experience and technique to play well but they would still have the starter or beginner clubs and balls wouldn't they? OK so with their current equipment they can hit a 280 yard drive with pinpoint accuracy, but their current clubs wouldn't be available to them if they created a new account, can someone further explain this so called problem to me please?

regards

Paul

• Noobingalltheway
    222 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2011 11:33 AM

Hi Darren,

The problem is that these people are playing to win credits. A legend could play against a hack (who is actually a legend with a new account) for 1000 credits ($10), regardless of the club distances, the hack will always be able to hit closer to the green from pretty much any drive (I remember I have a better driver now than I did at Tour Pro, but still can't hit as close to the green on most drives as I used to). Giving the "Hack" a huge advantage  

Hacks tee from about 150 yards closer than Legends on some holes. The best driver is only rated at 60 yards more power than the Starter driver...hence the hack has a 90 yard advantage! Bear in mind the hacks skill is just as good as the legends, and starts with a drive/wedge combination (much easier to get close to the hole with a wedge than with an iron) and the legend may be using a 4 iron for their second shot...this is where the complaining comes in

However, IMO any legend who accepts a match play for credits from a hack deserves to have their credits taken...its just not very sportsmanlike, and IMO they are just as bad as those who use multiple accounts - two variations of "stealing" credits

Rob

• NickN85
    193 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2011 12:12 PM

Technically the idea behind why its a bad thing is partially what Darren pointed out but also the fact that those legends or masters who create a new account.. can sandbag their avg.. never ranking up in tier.. but constantly ranking up in level.. allowing them to unlock the higher up clubs and balls.. in turn purchasing the same club as a Hack or amatuer that a Master or Legend has.. thus allowing them to drive 270+ from the red tees.. giving them a HUGE advantage.

• broncosrule
    8 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2011 1:08 PM

Wouldn't a level 60-70-80 plus player tiered as a hack/amatuer gaining wacks of credits kind of stand out ? Or better yet, be called out !!

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2011 1:26 PM

NickN85:

Technically the idea behind why its a bad thing is partially what Darren pointed out but also the fact that those legends or masters who create a new account.. can sandbag their avg.. never ranking up in tier.. but constantly ranking up in level.. allowing them to unlock the higher up clubs and balls.. in turn purchasing the same club as a Hack or amatuer that a Master or Legend has.. thus allowing them to drive 270+ from the red tees.. giving them a HUGE advantage.

It's even more than that. Many of the so called hacks have used the starters and beginners long enough that they are able to shoot incredible scores with them. The main thing to remember is that if a hack sends you a MPC invitation check out his match play stats before you accept and if they are very good then decline and then send a e-mail to WGT letting them know that they might have a multi-accounter/sandbagger and let them handle it. 

• 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2011 1:35 PM

my gripe is about many of the "winners" in the lower tiers in weekly and monthly free tournaments.  This is a fun way for a new player to be eligible to win some free credits, no matter how small.   Unfortunately, judging by the stats, the winners do seem to have some experience.  I could be entirely wrong and would never call them out.  Maybe I am still bitter because it took me way to long to use pitch instead of chip, lol. 

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2011 1:54 PM

8buster8:

my gripe is about many of the "winners" in the lower tiers in weekly and monthly free tournaments.  This is a fun way for a new player to be eligible to win some free credits, no matter how small.   Unfortunately, judging by the stats, the winners do seem to have some experience.  I could be entirely wrong and would never call them out.  Maybe I am still bitter because it took me way to long to use pitch instead of chip, lol. 

I don't think you re wrong. I remember one of my first tourneys as a hack that I played what I thought was well. A 34 or 35 at Kia and then checked first place and the lady if indeed the player was a lady shot a 30, And it was "her" first ranked round. "She" had just joined and played 1 CTTH round and then shoots -6 30 in her very first ranked round. And "she as I remember was  gifted the hack version of the Raptures and the Spider putter as soon as she joined.Suspicious to say the least.

• snowieman
    87 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2011 2:26 PM

how many accounts you had ????????

• DDLB
    3,441 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2011 3:29 PM

Darren to answer your question.

I'm a Tour master and I loaded up my bag with Starter gear including the ball and went out on St Andy's front nine.

Without using any calculations I shot a 39. This is the easy nine on the tour and I have shot a PB of 29 here and usually 30 to 33.

IMO no one can come out in their 1st ranked round and shoot better than par with this combination of gear. Given if I changed my ball to something that stopped and knowing how far each increment on the putter is, I could have improved that score by about 4 strokes the first time out.

You would have to do a lot on the practice tees before coming out of the closet. The rule is don't play for credits against someone you don't know. Check them out. Check what gear their using and their score history.

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2011 6:21 PM

darrenpaulLMB:
    I have heard a lot of talk and complaints about people who have more than one account to try and con other players, but really what is the big deal?

There is one and only one answer to your question.... 

It is against the Terms and Conditions that everyone agrees to, when you sign up. 

Terms & Conditions:
    Each user participating at WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) may have only one player account. If you wish to create a new player account, please contact us at members@worldgolftour.com. If World Golf Tour determines that you have more than one account, all accounts created subsequent to the first account may be automatically terminated without notice. Continued violation of the Terms & Conditions, including the creation of more than one player account, may result in the termination of all of your player accounts. Your account is non transferable. You may not allow any other person to use your player account to access WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT), participate in any tournament or game, or to accept any winnings related to your player account.

It doesn't really matter what you or I or anyone else thinks about it or what the "big deal is", it's against the rules and we all contractual agreed not to do it. 

That being said, many do set up multiple accounts and it would seem some get away with it.

RSS