Forums

Help › Forums

"International Women's Day"

Sun, Mar 13 2016 1:05 PM (33 replies)
  • MOLLY88
    1,029 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 2:15 PM

Today, March 8th is "International Women's Day"

This life has no existence without a strong ally in a ‘Woman’... in every single stage of life...

This speaks for itself and requires ALL to respect and acknowledge this day. Especially if you are female... Madeline Albright said that, "there is a special place in hell for women who do not help other women..."

We're no big deal... just the future of humanity...

As a daughter of South Africa,

I live in a country where we are losing generations of our women to physical violence... 3,600 rapes reported daily. (one every 26 seconds)

I am one of three very privileged girls who were taught by our mother that we (my sisters and I) have a greater responsibility than others less fortunate to exact change for our SA sisters...  so that, at the very least... our, MY daughters won't have to grow up with the same armed protection that we have... so help me God!

The WGT is a large internet community and we all hold a responsibility to speak and act out against those who may use this game for the undermining of women and our on-line safety and respect. 

If your women are in danger of physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual oppression... do 'one thing' this day to show your support for them.

If your daughters, wives & sisters enjoy safety and opportunity in this world... hold them a little closer this day and be very, very grateful, for this is their right not their privilege.

"Find out who you are... and 'live' on purpose..."

withluvfromme,

xxMolly

i

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 3:01 PM

Very Well Penned..:)

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 3:09 PM

Another thread about this?  We just had "International Women's Day" about 3 weeks ago.

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 3:15 PM

I just went and gave my beautiful wife a big hug and told her I love her and will always be there for her !

Gary

• Shamper
    1,506 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 3:54 PM

MOLLY88:
    "Find out who you are... and 'live' on purpose..."

That's our Molly - right on point as usual ☺

Stephanie

• Ladychipper
    22,983 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 4:15 PM

Awesome Molly! 

Thanks for posting this in here and a happy day to you as well. 

Blessings,

Marion XO

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 5:01 PM

MOLLY88:

we all hold a responsibility to speak and act out against those who may use this game for the undermining of women and our on-line safety and respect. 

If your women are in danger of physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual oppression... do 'one thing' this day to show your support for them.

Great post Molly - and the above in particular.

It was International Women's day here yesterday, by virtue of datelines, but I have not read or heard such a compelling promotion of the day.

I admire you for wanting change in SA, over the years of travel I have met a friended many South Africans but two stand out.

Neither could get a job in the aviation industry in SA - one was because she was a woman in a male dominated industry, the other because ....well I will say he did not fit in!

Both have now had successful careers.

I have visited SA many times over the years, and always felt an unease, an underlying current as it were, but those stats, if true are horrific and very shameful.

Together we can push for change, but the biggest change has to be in education and attitudes, without those little will change.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 5:03 PM

Used to be a girl on wgt..Sweet Miffy...she no longer with WGT, at least under that name. She lived in SA and told me she carried a side arm to church?...and actually wore it inside the church during sermons...wow

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 12:46 AM

ct690911:

"That is why Ace's post made me laugh..."

I have never met this "lady", nor do I want to. I would suggest if the roles were reversed, she would be the first to post her faux outrage in every thread, with her victim card at the ready.

She simply took a broad brush, dipped it in poison, and slagged an entire gender to garner attention. (swine day?...really?).. I do not support double standards or hypocrites.

Her obnoxious contribution to this thread was laughable, but not funny.

ct

Ace most likely miss understood your post about Miffy thinking you were putting her down. From my dealings with Ace I know she is a class act.  

RSS