Forums

Help › Forums

"International Women's Day"

Sun, Mar 13 2016 1:05 PM (33 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 1:18 AM

I think Ace's retort was sarcasm aimed at Mr Stroke, and for some reason CT was dragged in.

Like most comedy, it will upset someone along the line, but I do not think this was aimed maliciously at all men....I did find it humorous and certainly not obnoxious.

Maybe too close to the truth CT, or more than likely, taken out of context.

I personally do not know Ace, but know she is one of the better WGT players.

Probably like many women, she has to work twice as hard to be recognized in a "male dominated" world.  That is what needs to be addressed.....like for like. Perhaps that is why she made a point about attitudes.....I don't know, just surmising.

My earlier post, the female pilot would have made a command WAY earlier if she was a he.........got constantly overlooked despite have the respect of her peers....just not the "old school" decision makers. What can I say....if I was a female I would get pissed with archaic attitudes too. 

• ostfriedel
    2,052 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 1:39 AM

International women`s day? Good idea, but what is an international woman?

No, seriously: Women`s day is ok for me. Today or (much better) every day. But the goal will be reached then, in my oppinion, when every day is a together-day, cause all those "quality" differenzes made by people will be history then. Noone is better or worse than another because of his gender, or colour, or whatnots. Way to go. Untill then we will need time and wisdom and maybe some special days.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 1:54 AM

We're not talking Mother's Day here, this is far more serious.

It is shocking to me that in the 21st century a day has to be set aside to highlight the worldwide oppression of women.

Have a look at what happened in Turkey when women took to the streets on Int. Women's Day to protest against domestic violence.

Michaels 'jokes' which usually denigrate women are not on the same scale as the actions of the Turkish police but they come from the same twisted mindset.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 2:17 AM

Quite a powerful video here if anyone is interested in watching it: Some strong language in here folks, a little warning.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 4:39 AM

"Ace most likely miss understood your post about Miffy thinking you were putting her down. From my dealings with Ace I know she is a class act. "

I have no idea how passing along what Miffy said to me, in the context of crime and unrest in SA, could be interpreted as me "putting her down".?

As far as Ace being a "class act"?, I will let her posts speak for themselves. 

I do appreciate whenever anyone speaks up for a friend. You, sir, are the one with class.

ct

• Mariaaaa
    1,637 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 4:41 AM

A beautiful post, Molly.

Maria

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 4:57 AM

alanti:

I think Ace's retort was sarcasm aimed at Mr Stroke, and for some reason CT was dragged in.

Like most comedy, it will upset someone along the line, but I do not think this was aimed maliciously at all men....I did find it humorous and certainly not obnoxious.

Maybe too close to the truth CT, or more than likely, taken out of context.

I personally do not know Ace, but know she is one of the better WGT players...(?)

Probably like many women, she has to work twice as hard to be recognized in a "male dominated" world.  That is what needs to be addressed.....like for like. Perhaps that is why she made a point about attitudes.....I don't know, just surmising.

My earlier post, the female pilot would have made a command WAY earlier if she was a he.........got constantly overlooked despite have the respect of her peers....just not the "old school" decision makers. What can I say....if I was a female I would get pissed with archaic attitudes too. 

I have empathy for the plight of females, and minorities, and natives, and the poor, and non-whites, and every other "oppressed" group. That's a big reason I served in the military for 3 decades. I saw the best and the worst of human-kind. And those images stay with me to this day...even in my sleep. Among many things I learned, was that sometimes a cigar is...

To wit:  You don't know her, but you attempt to excuse, and explain and defend. If a man had posted the same thing about women, calling them cows (for example), would you have found that funny ?

Alan..you and I are friends, and I am proud to call you that..but with this issue, best we leave it alone.

ct

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 4:59 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

Quite a powerful video here if anyone is interested in watching it: Some strong language in here folks, a little warning.

excellent video...)

ct

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 3:08 PM

"Me seeking attention ?  Umm ,  NO !"

"I've sat here for at least a half an hour with no recognition or appreciation for this ?"

...I will leave it to you to square that ^^^ circle...your specialty, apparently.

ct

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 3:29 PM

TheAceFactor:

I've sat here for at least a half an hour with no recognition  or appreciation for this ?

TheAceFactor:

Me seeking attention ?  Umm ,  NO !

RSS