Help › Forums

"International Women's Day"

Sun, Mar 13 2016 1:05 PM (33 replies)
  • MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 3:30 PM

ct690911:

"Me seeking attention ?  Umm ,  NO !"

"I've sat here for at least a half an hour with no recognition or appreciation for this ?"

...I will leave it to you to square that ^^^ circle...your specialty, apparently.

ct

Crap, you beat me to it.  I must've missed your last post.

• MOLLY88
    1,029 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 3:40 PM

"whoa,

I must stop by more often.

a lot went on in here,

much ado about pride me thinks,

No waaay I could have predicted about half of the discourse that followed my post.

A few things,

comparing yourself to others and others to yourself only undermines your worth.

This was soooooo not about any of you but it became about personal sensitivities.

Women's rights, including our empowerment, legal and social equality and self-determination are Human Rights... it is NOT about women seeking power over men but rather being able to assert 'power over ourselves'.

Diatribes aside... none of you know me well enough to offend me, so no air blown up my skirt.

So thank-you everybody & believe it or not...

today, March 9th, is 'GET OVER IT DAY'.

I regret that my associations with the likes of Marion, Steph and Maria have been reduced to only a few times a year. I am a stronger person for knowing you all.

luvfromme,

xxMolly

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 3:44 PM

MOLLY88:

The real holiday is in 5 days.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 4:03 PM

MOLLY88:

"whoa,

I must stop by more often.

a lot went on in here,

much ado about pride me thinks,

No waaay I could have predicted about half of the discourse that followed my post.

A few things,

comparing yourself to others and others to yourself only undermines your worth.

This was soooooo not about any of you but it became about personal sensitivities.

Women's rights, including our empowerment, legal and social equality and self-determination are Human Rights... it is NOT about women seeking power over men but rather being able to assert 'power over ourselves'.

Diatribes aside... none of you know me well enough to offend me, so no air blown up my skirt.

So thank-you everybody & believe it or not...

today, March 9th, is 'GET OVER IT DAY'.

I regret that my associations with the likes of Marion, Steph and Maria have been reduced to only a few times a year. I am a stronger person for knowing you all.

luvfromme,

xxMolly

The intent of your thread was not lost on most of us. You are an articulate young lady and wise beyond your years.

Take care Molly and, considering the stats you mentioned about SA, stay safe..:)

ct

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 5:52 PM

Does anyone know how to delete posts?...this thread was started with great intent and Molly received her due accolades (including from me), but it got derailed once the nonsensical white noise started up...I would like to delete my posts as well, so the original thread will remain true to its purpose.

ty

ct

• Ladychipper
    22,983 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 7:22 PM

Why is it that when someone posts something trying to honor people or be kind that the whole thing gets so mean and nasty?? 

Have you ever heard the saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?  There is no reason to degrade a person like this for no reason at all.

This is why I don't like to even bother coming in this main forum.

Sorry that your post got derailed like this Molly.  

God Bless!

Marion  

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 7:31 PM

Ladychipper:

Why is it that when someone posts something trying to honor people or be kind that the whole thing gets so mean and nasty?? 

Have you ever heard the saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?  There is no reason to degrade a person like this for no reason at all.

God Bless!

Marion  

Very fair.

I have a daughter who is coming up 17.  She has every right to be her best, and not walk in fear in flipping even Sweden now.  She also has the right to work hard and achieve as a person, same as her brothers or anyone else.  

I can goof and talk rubbish as much as anyone with a beer and silly grin, but a time and a place.  

It is a v worthwhile post by Molly.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 8:43 PM

Ladychipper:

God Bless!

Marion  

You can blame me for being a lightning rod.  I made a lighthearted comment about women already having a woman's day in mid-February, knowing all too well that my bull-D stalker could come on and vomit some femi-Nazi rhetoric.

I've blamed victims before myself, so I'll go ahead and fall on this sword.

• MOLLY88
    1,029 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 9:59 PM

MichaelStroke:
    ... so I'll go ahead and fall on this sword.

"Lightening rod?

Certainly. 

At fault here? (shrugs shoulders)

At worst... just not at all helpful.

I somehow think that your bark is worse than your bite anyhow.

You see folks, I only expect to read all sides of every posted position... I appreciate it. (mostly because I'm young enuff to still feel I'm right all the time lol)

Just can't get all the "in-fighting" 

ya know?" 

(hey Marion... 'zup?)

xxMolly

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2016 4:13 AM

"You can blame me for being a lightning rod.  I made a lighthearted comment about women already having a woman's day in mid-February, knowing all too well that my bull-D stalker could come on and vomit some femi-Nazi rhetoric."

You have a "stalker" on here?...ouch

I just thought she had self esteem issues, and hi-jacked a thread to say outrageous things for attention.  Please keep her away from public threads.

ct

RSS