Forums

Help › Forums

Master CANT beat a Legend in match play

Sat, Apr 9 2011 6:46 PM (131 replies)
  • LouisLewis
    107 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 10:03 PM

A Legend tier player accepted my invite to a challenge Match on the back 9 at Oakmont. I (master) had the Legend, dormie 4 teeing off on 15. I said to myself "just watch...he will win the next 4". Sure enough, I couldnt buy a shot for the next 3 holes. Shanking shot after shot , and miraculously, the Legend (who had been playing like ass until the 15th tee), began to play lights out.  He birdied 15-16-17 easily.

Then came 18. Both players on the green with makeable birdie putts. Legend slides his birdie putt a cat hair right of the cup and rolls 2 feet past. I somehow miss my 9 footer 4 feet wide. Legend makes his par from 2 feet (and sends the instant message "gg, ty") I still have 4 FEET!!. I have a 4 footer with not much break and 1 inch uphill to win the match. Striped it. Putt stops on the lip of the cup. FML.

I just KNOW something wasnt right at that point. How did my game go in the toilet and my opponets game suddenly become close to perfect??

On to extra holes...4 of them. Shot for shot, my opponent and I are dead even. Both playing SOLID golf. Finally, on 13, my opponent winds up in the greenside bunker, while my ball is resting comfortably on the massive 13th green, with great birdie possiblity. Door is wide open for me to finish him off. And then...... Legend opponent blasts out of the bunker and stops 6 inches from the hole. Shot of the day.

You can probably guess what happens next.  3 putts from inside 10 feet for me. Match over. Credits lost.

I call SHENNANIGANIS wgt!!.... I will no longer  spend  $ on this game. Its rigged. Thanks for letting me rant.

L.L.

• NickN85
    193 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 11:57 PM

answer:

you got a little confident at dormie and it through your clicking ability off from the rush of adrenaline.... then when you messed up.. your frustration put you on tilt causing multiple problems... and by the end the blood in your head was rushing and pounding to the point your click finger gave up on ya... 

thats my guess anyways...

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 12:33 AM

Took your foot of the peddel.

You must have got 4up by attacking , why change.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 1:13 AM

Never underestimate pressure.

Joey 

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 1:27 AM

Why would WGT want you to lose? It makes no sense. Oh and on the 18th you wouldn't have putted last with a longer putt than him.

• LouisLewis
    107 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 3:22 AM

Have you ever  played a Legend tier player in a match  for CR's? Let me know.

Ill take your point into consideration, though.

L.L.

• LouisLewis
    107 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 3:34 AM

I changed NOTHING. Hence the anger and frustration.  My opponent went from hacking and choking like a dog to unbeatable in the blink of an eye. He had 5 footers for bird on 15 16 annnnd 17. Look at 17 on Oak. Thats a nasty lil pin placement and he stuck it dead. Meanwhile, every swing I took looked like Al Czervik.

• LouisLewis
    107 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 3:38 AM

I undestand pressure. I play this game to relax and have fun. You had to be there. I was playing lights out...and then....with 4 chances to finish him off.....couldnt hit a ball straight to save my life. It was beyond explanation.

• LouisLewis
    107 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 3:54 AM

You calling me a liar? Well, read it again Sherlock Holmes. I know its not Shakespeare, but I beleive I transcribed the events accurately.

I dont really know why WGT would want me to lose in that situation. Maybe to "get my goat"...thinking Ill be fired up to play some more challenge matches ($). I just feel it was FLAGRANT. Total yanking of my weary chain. Not good.

L.L.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 10:51 AM

I can tell you for sure, we have no reason to see 1 person beat another for whatever reason. Why would we?

On another hand, here is what I can tell you. 15 and 16 holes are pretty easy to lose even hitting your best shots.

#17, from legend tees is pretty easy. If you go for it and don't reach it, ya it can be hard, but being 2 up with 2 to go, why would u risk? layup  right for your wedge and hit close?

On the other hand, I also played a game yesterday, not for credits though. It was my first match of the day and he is pretty good, so I was 4 down with 4 to go. I birdied 15, made 30fter on 16, and made birdie on 17.

Yes, I lost on 18, but these things happen.

I know that right now it's hard for you to believe my words, but in a few days, you will.

-wgticon

RSS