Forums

Help › Forums

Master CANT beat a Legend in match play

Sat, Apr 9 2011 6:46 PM (131 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 10:42 PM

Well said Richard... I would like to know with allot of posts lately a simple  question turns into a TM bashing by some Legends...lol

cheers

Roger

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 4:18 AM

No No No ..Please don't mis-read what I was saying.    It was supposed to be tongue in cheek .... We are not sore at all and there is absolutely no animosity intended.   And your right the game plays the same ... if you have the talent to handle it.

What JB and I are saying (and I feel I can speak for him since we have discussed this at length) is ... we envy guys like you who were good enough to become Legends the way the game was intended.   Left to our own "WGT Talent"  .... we would be stuck at Tour Masters forever.   Neither of us ever had an average lower than a 64 that we can recall.

I know when they made the switch over I was a 68.9 legend ... and it's taken me 6 months to lower my average about 1 point.  Which means it goes down when i shoot a 33 or under ... which is rare for me.   I'll throw up a 30 or 31 occasionally but  ... as far as the guys who can really play --- the other guys in Devations --- I'm just not that good.

As Robin Williams (playing Teddy Roosevelt) said to Ben Stiller (The museum security guard) .... "Some men are born great, others have greatness thrust upon them" ....  Well this "Faux Legend" didn't want greatness thrust upon him ... but I'm stuck with it ... so I make the best of it.     

So please take it as a compliment .... i give you all the credit in the world for making the jump from Tour Master to Legend ... I know I couldn't do it.  (pretty sure JB feels the same way).

Roger -- to answer your question ... not sure I would call it bashing, but what gets the Legends going is TM's who have the ability to make Legend but choose not to so they can take advantage of the forward tees with the same equipment.   I've played lots of good players, who are also nice people, who tell me they will purposely not shoot low and will never try to make Legend because they don't want to play from the back tees.   Other guys like Richard and others I can name try their best every time ... these TM's I respect. 

So trust me .. no disrespect intended by my post .. not condemning the people .. just the system that won't include Match Play records in their Tier Ranking formulas.    

Peace

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 7:39 AM

Well said Lou, I understand now. And Roger, there was certainly bashing going on in early September of 2010 during the change when everyone's preconceived notions were true about the Tour Master that Lou touched on.

For me, I couldn't keep playing this game in a lesser tier falsifying my average to maintain a particular tier. I need to see what folks are doing at the top. I'm with you Lou, I'm not the best player, or breaking any records, but I'm having fun trying. :)

The Legend tier is tough. Its suppose to be. I just don't understand why WGT won't make it easier for Legends to play against Legends in all game modes. Its like pulling teeth to get an ALT-Shot game with an all Legend group.

Please WGT, let the Legend players have more options to make matches with Legends. Legends playing a member in a lesser tier is all to easy to find, and most times are paired with Hacks and Amateurs. Make more options WGT.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 8:10 AM

LOL, not at all Richard, I love playing this game at it's highest level. If there is any bitterness it's that 3/4 of my mpc are played against players who tee off one tee box forward of me with the same or better equipment. It's a fairness issue, I don't mind losing (I do plenty of that) it just sucks that WGT ruined my favorite part of this game. I'm not one who just likes to play alone and bang out round after round. As far as begrudging new legend players, I never gave that a thought until you said something. Nice to see you made the jump Richard, gratz. JB

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 8:26 AM

On a side note, can't help but wonder about this now. How many multiple account guys are now bashing away from the master tees with the new Callaway balls and the new 280yrd. driver? Imo if a really good Legend player with no class, re-started his WGT career he could win just about everything he entered and have license to print creds. I know it seems like it would be a waste of time to me, but pretty sure it's going on right now. The name escapes me, but I looked up a "new" great player, lets just say his stats are really good lol. JB

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 12:20 PM

I agree JB. Its sad to see people take advantage of a game when they can't play it at the highest level. Eventually these insecure people will keep making a new account over and over, and WGT isn't going to do much about it when their buying equipment hand over fist. I wish there was a way WGT could make this game wholesome for everyone.

These people making multiple accounts will be gunning for the newbies credits, and the forums will fill-up with cries of them being cheated. And WGT isn't going to do nothing about it. I'm not so sure WGT couldn't be held responsible for having a web site where thieves can come and take advantage of people who pay for credits. The law could force WGT to put measures in place to secure people from being taken advantage of.

Members will have to stay vigilant. Its their only defense measure, for now.

• gocubs1238
    206 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 12:32 PM

I bet you I can beat every Legend on here in match play

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 12:42 PM

Looking at your stats I very much doubt it.

• gocubs1238
    206 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 12:45 PM

Stats mean nothing idiot.

• AHudd
    104 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 12:46 PM

13-22 against other masters...hmm.. stats do mean something...Send me an invite for MPC and 2k creds..u can pick course...18 hole would be nice

RSS