Forums

Help › Forums

TOUR CHAMPION

Tue, Mar 22 2016 7:59 PM (37 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 1:33 PM

My understanding is that Tour Champion is by invite only...Criteria for selection has never been published (to my knowledge). The title is honorary, as opposed to attaining it through ranked games, tour wins, low average, etc.

The TC and Champ tiers were put out at the same time...yet no one has been elevated, save for Leo and a Mod.  To wit: what could the Mod possibly be "testing" for this length of time?..perhaps, he's just liking the title...lol

ct

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 2:56 PM

Just maybe it's payback for putting up with all us unwashed!  my nickle.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 8:50 PM

frappefort:

Tour Champion    wow      you have to be very good  to make it there   ................Hats off  to  the Tour Champ.

Props, and Icon was gracious in defeat and also had a great twitch transmission.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 10:55 PM

CT, I do have a question regarding Leo, and for the record I was stoked when WGT bestowed the honor of TC on him posthumously.

As WGT does not delete accounts, why has Leo's been removed, or at least does not come up on a search?

This may have been requested, but it saddens me as I would prefer that those who do not know him may stumble across his profile may get a glimpse of the wonderful person he was.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 11:36 PM

alanti:
    As WGT does not delete accounts, why has Leo's been removed, or at least does not come up on a search?

This is known from officially blocked accounts. You have to use a direct link, e.g. in the CC list or from the browser history.

Concerning TCs in general, WGT has stated AFAIR that there will be no nominations for some time.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2016 3:28 AM

alanti:

CT, I do have a question regarding Leo, and for the record I was stoked when WGT bestowed the honor of TC on him posthumously.

This may have been requested, but it saddens me as I would prefer that those who do not know him may stumble across his profile may get a glimpse of the wonderful person he was.

I don't know the answer..it certainly wasn't done at our request. Alosso is probably correct in his post...he usually is.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2016 4:01 AM

Thanks for the flowers ;)

I do my very best to be accurate and show through the wording when I'm not sure - or even shut up, which is the hardest effort. Alas, nobody is perfect!

Concerning the account in question, WGT might see it appropriate to block those when noticing the sad facts, just because it's strictly personalized, and probably now there's nobody authorised to access it, not even heirs(?)

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2016 8:14 AM

alanti:
    Leo's been removed, or at least does not come up on a search?

Someone had posted a tip on how to find a closed account by using the players WGT ID.

Here is Leo's for anyone that would like to have a look.

http://www.wgt.com/members/phiber/default.aspx

• HenryKawa
    1,724 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2016 9:27 AM

I am puzzled as to why I am not Tour Champion yet.  With my level of skill I'm confident it will happen soon.

Anyways, come to the current most popular thread in all of WGT call "NICE PEOPLE ONLY".  It was started to encourage WGT members to do Random Acts of Kindness in their personal lives then share their story with the rest of us.  Some very great heart warming stories so far.  Lets hear yours on "NICE PEOPLE ONLY".

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2016 10:08 AM

ZioMio:

alanti:
    Leo's been removed, or at least does not come up on a search?

Someone had posted a tip on how to find a closed account by using the players WGT ID.

Here is Leo's for anyone that would like to have a look.

http://www.wgt.com/members/phiber/default.aspx

Thank-you for posting this ^^^ Luigi. And TY to WGT for honoring Leo (posthumously), with his elevation to Tour Champion. A final TY to those of you, who are not with our CC, but wear Leo's Band of Brothers logo as a sign of respect.

ABoB has a memorial wall, where the names of our deceased brothers are inscribed. Leo is the third name on the list. We miss them all, but know they are in a better place.

ct

ps. I want to again thank Yancy in this public forum, for the kindness he showed Leo in his final days. I won't go into details, but Leo was a big fan of Yancy's unique world view. It was one of the final "gifts" Leo received, and I know it pleased him immensely. 

RSS