Forums

Help › Forums

Slow play

Wed, Apr 6 2016 4:12 PM (54 replies)
  • spidre
    9 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 2:23 PM

WGT you must do something about the cheat mods being used, the time spent by cheat mod users on every shot is ruining the game. For those who want to know when they are being used, the mod works by slowing the action right down and then allows the player to hit the ding almost every time. Mods need 40 to 50 seconds to load and in my opinion is illegal, and really annoying. I have a couple of decent balls to use up and when they are gone I will have another vacation away from WGT. When I return, if the situation remains the same, it is goodbye forever.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 6:53 PM

@ the OP

what is a cheat mod?...I've been on here 4 years and have never encountered one. Anyway, if you do leave for good, then the best of luck to you..:)

ct

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 2:13 AM

spidre:
    For those who want to know when they are being used, the mod works by slowing the action right down and then allows the player to hit the ding almost every time. Mods need 40 to 50 seconds to load and in my opinion is illegal, and really annoying.

You haven't told us how to know when they are being used Sherlock.

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 5:50 AM

PaulTon:

You haven't told us how to know when they are being used Sherlock.

If you switch to the Menu view, it greys out when the swing is started. The average swing time is between 7 and 10 seconds depending on clubs and balls. Much longer than that and you assume (only) that the player is using something to slow his/her meter down.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 5:56 AM

Oh, that old chestnut. I thought you had something new that was actually reliable.

• spidre
    9 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 6:27 AM

A few pointers to identify a cheat mod user:- Slow play coupled with very low stroke average, poor stats which shows that the player has sought illegal help to improve their game, unbelievable putting skill ( this area is where the mod works best ) and users nearly always choose 90 second stroke timer.. If you google WGT cheat mods, a host of sites appear.

I have asked a number of players if they are using a mod. Some feign innocence, some quit and one declared that it wasn't cheating!!. 

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 10:58 AM

spidre:

A few pointers to identify a cheat mod user:- Slow play coupled with very low stroke average, poor stats which shows that the player has sought illegal help to improve their game, unbelievable putting skill ( this area is where the mod works best ) and users nearly always choose 90 second stroke timer.. If you google WGT cheat mods, a host of sites appear.

I have asked a number of players if they are using a mod. Some feign innocence, some quit and one declared that it wasn't cheating!!. 

Thanks for the education. I generally only play with friends, and I never play matches with anything on the line. Perhaps why I haven't knowingly encountered this.

ps. I should also say that I am an average player (at best), so I doubt anyone has to cheat to beat me on any given day...lol

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 5:14 PM

I play 30 second clock match.  Not an issue for me.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 6:32 PM

spidre:

That old wgtls myth is Absolute BS! 1st of all When you start the swing as you normally do you hit a "hotkey" just before the ding and it slows the meter down to a crawl for 1-2 seconds so you can hit it perfectly so it "doesn't" take 90 seconds, if anything you play faster!

It doesn't work better on the greens, your putts are just shorter, if you can't read a putt no cheatware will help you so THAT is also BS....

Last of all, all the cheats you googled are the same one, if they aren't they don't work anyway!

So put this nonsense to bed, your wrong!

No I don't use it but I can link you privately to a video of someone using it if it is still available so you can see how wrong you are!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2016 4:53 AM

spidre:
    unbelievable putting skill ( this area is where the mod works best )

Putters generally have the slowest meters of all the clubs in the bag, hitting the ding is very very rarely a problem. The skill in putting is all to do with line and pace, slowing the meter to a crawl will not help anyone with those two points.

I think you are talking absolute bollox , the points you are making do not help anyone at all, in fact all they do is show your ignorance of the game and how it works.

The rest of us will continue to play and enjoy the game while you pop off back to your paranoid fantasy world.

RSS