Forums

Help › Forums

Slow play

Wed, Apr 6 2016 4:12 PM (54 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2016 2:23 PM

Robert1893:
    It's like the lawyer. If the facts are on your side, pound the facts into the table. If the law is on your side, pound the law into the table. If neither the facts nor the law are on your side, pound the table. 

LOL, haven't heard that for time...

Funny Rob.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2016 3:42 PM

"Low average plus slow play = Cheat, nuff said."

I sometimes wonder, as in the case of this OP, if they are reading the posts by Henry K and are trying to copy him?...say something outrageous and watch the reactions they garner.

Henry..you may have started a new fad..:)

ps. it might also simply boil down to there being no cure for stupid.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2016 6:49 PM

spidre:

OK, just look at my first post which concerned slow play and suspiciously low scoring. I have played in too many games to not be aware that there is something going on. Now I would like replies from non forum hogs, ie :- those with less than 1K posts. Those with more than that, get a life for goodness sake!! 17000 posts!! CM'ON!!.

Some people do have a lot of posts on here. There are many players who are house bound, or retired, or infirmed...maybe this is their life?, or maybe they just enjoy it?

ps...the proper contraction of "come on" is "c'mon".  If you had made the deal with Baggs and opted for the dozen brain cells, you would have known that.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2016 6:52 PM

spidre:
    Those with more than that, get a life for goodness sake!! 17000 posts!! CM'ON!!.

Make you a deal...

I'll get a life, when you add 3 more brain cells...to make it an even dozen.

Agree?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2016 7:16 PM

ct690911:
    I sometimes wonder, as in the case of this OP, if they are reading the posts by Henry K and are trying to copy him?...

Yup ct, not H as the syntax is diff............

Isn't  OPs primary account though...

Not moderated because of behaviour....just on newbie script.

Some get their jollies in strange ways ? :-))

Still, wgtls is a waste of everyones time and space.

imnsho

Andy ( in my not so humble opinion )

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 7:14 PM

alcaucin:

LOL, haven't heard that for time...

Funny Rob.

Thanks! 

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 7:25 PM

spidre:
    Now I would like replies from non forum hogs, ie :- those with less than 1K posts. Those with more than that, get a life for goodness sake!! 17000 posts!! CM'ON!!.

Yes, because we certainly don't want to hear from those who have demonstrated that they've been actively engaged with the game and this community over the years. Those type of people certainly nothing to add and would only give the company line as well. In fact, using your post as a guideline, apparently some type of transformation really takes place with post 1,001. 

And seriously, that's what you're coming back with... look how many posts these people have! You could have at least started with something more on point such as, "In real life, do you even golf!?!?"

I mean, you always want to save the "look at how many posts you made" argument until you're much farther into the discussion. 

Have you ever considered the fact that some players are more deliberate and calculating on purpose? That approach should lead to lower scores. Personally, except for putting, I'm a grip and rip it type of player, putting in only a little thought to calculations for distance and wind. In other words, I play mostly by "feel." But that's a good reason why I'm not consistently shooting very low rounds.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 7:27 PM

ct690911:
    Some people do have a lot of posts on here. There are many players who are house bound, or retired, or infirmed...maybe this is their life?, or maybe they just enjoy it?

+1

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 9:07 PM

Robert1893:
    And seriously, that's what you're coming back with... look how many posts these people have! You could have at least started with something more on point such as, "In real life, do you even golf!?!?"

WTF do you know?

Really?

You have less than 300 posts..

;)

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 4:26 AM

MBaggese:

Robert1893:

WTF do you know?

Really?

You have less than 300 posts..

;)

True...but what Robert lacks in quantity, he certainly makes up for in quality..:)

ps...Yes, I know your post was meant in jest.

RSS