Really?

You have less than 300 posts..

;)

LOL!

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 5:11 AM

ct690911:
    True...but what Robert lacks in quantity, he certainly makes up for in quality..:)

:-)

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 6:19 AM

spidre:

mkg335:

Michel explained it well.  Forgive me but am just tired of hearing the wgtls "greyed out menu" mantra, and the canard that anyone with a low average must be cheating.

Low average plus slow play = Cheat, nuff said.

What rubbish!

Low average comes about simply by playing a lot of rounds. I have good rounds and bad rounds, but now none of the bad rounds count any more. My worst round that counts towards my WGT average is 58 (ie worst round out of best 200 as Champ). That gives me in the mid 54's. Each good round chips away a little - a 57 will drop it by 0.005 so it is slow.

Slow play is likely not a cheat program, it is usually a player who has notes on the holes, or has a method of calculating distance. You'll likely see the drive hit quickly as the result is not as important (anywhere on the short grass will do), then after that more time and care taken to work out the exact shot required to get close.

Your comments imply that you play quickly and get rubbish results. People who take time and effort to map courses, take careful notes, work out the relationship between power and distance for every club, taking into account wind and spin, must seem like cheating - but it isn't. It's just good play!

• garyk49
    2,329 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 6:30 AM

spidre:

OK, just look at my first post which concerned slow play and suspiciously low scoring. I have played in too many games to not be aware that there is something going on. Now I would like replies from non forum hogs, ie :- those with less than 1K posts. Those with more than that, get a life for goodness sake!! 17000 posts!! CM'ON!!.

Ok, I have less then the 1000 posts that you seem to want answers from.

You have wonderful stats(JK), been here 4 years still a Master, has played 96 ranked stroke rounds, according to stats has never won a match play round, and has around 1500 alt rounds.  And if I remember correctly 860-760 not that impressive(oh wait, it was probably your partner)  

You haven't even figured out how to carry a full set of clubs.

With that many alt rounds i would thought you would have figured out by now that.

Most people don't like to look like fools in front of others.. Namely Alt Shot .  I don't play that many alt shot rounds, but when I do I probably take more time on shots, especially in high winds or on approach(which according to you I must be a cheat) the quality of my shot effects my partners shot, if I take my time and make a good shot(which you apparently don't) their shot is made from a better location.  Hence bettering the opportunity to win the hole, plus making me not look like a fool as I did not make an errant or FU'ed shot.

Your reasoning for determining a cheat is like a bucket with holes in it.  It doesn't hold a lot of water.

EDIT...Oh wait, you didn't want to hear from me.  I don't have a 53/54 average.  Nope saturated Legend at 61.96.  But according to you, you would not play me as I am under a 62 average.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 6:34 AM

Hakman knows the score ^^^ I wouldn't be as pleasant or reasonable as that though.

This Spidre chap doesn't merit serious thought, he's a feckin idiot sheep being led by a cabal of buffoons.

Edit - Gary's post is spot on. Spidre should listen carefully to Gary, he is at the height of his forum posting powers.

Unfortuntely Gary has only 57 more posts to make before he starts talking shite.

• garyk49
    2,329 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 6:44 AM

PaulTon:

Edit - Gary's post is spot on. Spidre should listen carefully to Gary, he is at the height of his forum posting powers.

Unfortuntely Gary has only 57 more posts to make before he starts talking shite.

LMAO, from you Paul that is precious. I think I should run right out and get those 57 so I can start doing such.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 6:50 AM

garyk49:
     But according to you, you would not play me as I am under a 62 average.

62 is the cut line for cheats?!

I'm still a legend (61.33 avg) with 5 years+ in the game, negligable earnings and more than 7000 forum posts.

Using spidre's logic that must make me the dumbest feckin cheat ever to grace this fine game.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 3:48 PM

PaulTon:

Using spidre's logic that must make me the dumbest feckin cheat ever to grace this fine game.

WHOA!!! Not so fast!

You do qualify for the "dumbest" tag, but you can only claim t be a cheat if your meter turns grey, or you wear grey pants, or drive a grey car or some BS like that....

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2016 4:25 PM

fatdan:

PaulTon:

WHOA!!! Not so fast!

You do qualify for the "dumbest" tag, but you can only claim t be a cheat if your meter turns grey, or you wear grey pants, or drive a grey car or some BS like that....

Dan is correct  In fact, it's a bit arrogant to claim the title of being the "dumbest", along with also being the biggest cheat. There is no hard proof that you have met the criteria for either, let alone both.

just sayin'

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2016 4:47 PM

I see grey Paisley patterns when I stand up too quick...

RSS