Forums

Help › Forums

HAPPY EASTER

Tue, Mar 29 2016 4:35 AM (36 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2016 12:03 PM

When I was 13 I got forced along to a Good Friday Mass.  3 whole hours.  Think about that...180 slowest possible minutes, each second taking an age to click, and all on a flippin sunny Friday afternoon.

When I was 14 I offered to go on my own, and a smile said like OK.  I went to watch Star Wars. Later I was asked where I was in the Church.  I said at the back, and got a rollickin for my efforts..........I was rather pleased with that deal.

Happy Easter to all from a failed catholic :)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2016 3:51 PM

Massive over generalisation, IMO.  All I ever saw was well meaning people or at least was aware of.  Goes on sadly in any institution where it can, although hopefully harder than ever and safer than ever for the young..........

Anyway good luck to all whatever belief system you have.  Among other issues I decided I was not up for the guilt based bit or the this will happen if do not............, and all the myriad of takes.............Enough as not the place:)

• redundancy501
    5 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2016 3:59 PM

PaulTon:
    absolutely no evidence

Certainly can't discuss it here, but I promise you Paul; there is physical evidence supporting the entire story, & it's mounting.

Seems the more science tries to disprove things of this nature, the more they prove it out.

Happy Easter one & all; especially you sir.     

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2016 11:41 PM

Solarflares:

Jimbog1964:

Goes on sadly in any institution where it can, although hopefully harder than ever and safer than ever for the young..........

Good lord Jim!   That reads like they now perform the act with total-abandon , but wear protection!

Homes, secular or any denomination or non denomination as some will say, and sadly anywhere those people could get away with it etc etc is all I meant.  Glass half full it's harder now is all I meant.

I am also anti any "have to do this to get this or much of the this is going to happen ,,,,,,,,,,,," as I think those "interpretations" are based on reading styles that I simply can't agree with.....

Most people who attend any of the myriad of takes on it are just people, and mostly decent same as in any walk of life...........Not the place to expand:)

Come my time I will be conducting my own defence, and going on the attack at some judges who I feel have way more to answer for :) 

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2016 7:05 AM

PaulTon:

The easter story is a great work of fiction, it's got the lot; sky gods, magic tricks, torture, murder and then finally an epic ending involving a friendly zombie who flies up, up and away into the sky.

Blessed are those who believe without any creditable evidence whatsoever.

Enjoy your chocolate, suckers...

p.s. I thought this kind of religious shite wasn't allowed in the forums?

I believe WGT has  a policy against the discussion of Religion. I see they don't have any such policy against religious discrimination being discussed.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2016 7:34 AM

I don't discriminate, I think all religions are utter nonsense.

CerinoDevoti:
    I believe WGT has  a policy against the discussion of Religion.

If that rule was applied then I wouldn't have had a platform to post my views.

It isn't, so here we are...

• craigswan
    31,532 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2016 8:12 AM

It must be fantastic to believe that after this life you are going somewhere even better .

Must make you sleep better at nights .

• Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2016 8:19 AM

craigswan:
    Must make you sleep better at nights .

Actually, shooting a sub-30 round helps me sleep even better. :-)

Last night just before going to bed: a 29 on Bethpage Black, front 9. For me, that's a great score.

RSS