I strongly questions how sucjh results are achieved without cheats

Thu, May 26 2016 3:12 PM (151 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2016 2:55 PM

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2016 2:57 PM

Oooh, oooh, I'll be back, this is simply too good.

Doc :)

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2016 3:40 PM

fatdan:

SweetiePie:

She is active in posting ever increasing photos of her actual play. Many of which indicate play in LPGA tournament level events.

~ Lily ~  

I really doubt that, I don't think a member of the LPGA would be such a huge Paula Creamer fan, that is unless she IS Paula LOL.

The HIO importance is greatly over emphasized in this thread IMO...I looked a members profile once who had more bogies than pars, a total of 12 eagles and 7 of them were HIO's...

I have 4, if your going to count CTTH aces then I have a lot more, but then holed shots from the fairway should also be counted(same thing most of the time) so now I have a few hundred! If the hole was 2 inches wider I might have a 1000.....

If only all those IF's were in play...

in reality, I play par 3's so poorly(mental) on WGT I am happy to be within 10ft, on a real course it was one of the strongest parts of my game....LOL

12 eagles and 7 of them HIOs is pretty much a neon sign saying "I only play par 3". There's another player here who has about 100 HIO (self-testimony), but I also know that they play the hell out of red-tee BoP3 too.

And I think I speak for all of us when I say that no self-respecting WGT player would call a holed CTTH shot a HIO.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2016 3:59 PM

SweetiePie:

ct690911:
    I will let Mike and YJ and the other "lesser minds

I can well imagine some her reactions to Mike and YJ. Mike, although he has matured nicely over 5 or so years, he has not matured completely. He is still crude at times and is still macho in conversation with woman and almost juvenile in the way he  handles it. I like Mike, and enjoy what he might say. I also admire that he graduated from Michigan, with honors, from a very prestigious school of Accounting there, But his way of  being tempting to her may be easy to overlook.

As for YJ, it is easy to notice he behaves as many typical New Yorkers do. Although he is up-state, and it helps a little,  the obnoxious ways are easy to see because they permeate life there, are easy to find and will always prevail. 

YJ loves to argue to a fault. Which would be a-OK except that it comes mostly because he simply doesn't know....that he doesn't know. But I love YJ and read his Posts

And so maybe, ACE is not a fan of either  

Lily..I consider you to be a very nice person, with a mature world view that probably exceeds your age. I have stated the same many times, both privately and publically. To quote Paul Ton, "I call them as I see them".

I also think of you vis-vis your health issue, and I keep your well being in my prayers. 

I will say this one time and I will then leave this topic to its' deserved fate. 

AceFactor couldn't make for a patch on your ass...and I don't care how far he/she can hit a golf ball.

ct

ps: Cruz got himself in doo-doo when he mentioned New Yorkers in a negative light. You may want to be careful with that one...lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2016 4:46 PM

SweetiePie:
    Which would be a-OK except that it comes mostly because he simply doesn't know

Au contrare, mon petit. I speak entirely from experience with facts to back up assertions and DO know. And if I don't know, I learn. Arguing is a waste of time and you are hardly in position to be judging New Yorkers. Upstate and downstate are night and day.

Unlike you, I do have the benefit of a west coast life AND an east coast life-1st 30 there and last 35 here-and I can tell your perception is that of a typical west coaster that knows New York as NYC and only that. (Been there so I overlook the ignorance.) Suffice to say, you speak and think your alleged age and that's a lifetime of experience behind me and my generation.

p.s., How many tulips do you suppose are growing in NYC at the moment? I have a yard full of them. Ever seen one out there? :-)

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2016 6:00 PM

È gran pazzia lu cuntrastari cu du' nun pô vinciri né appattari.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2016 6:42 PM

CerinoDevoti:

È gran pazzia lu cuntrastari cu du' nun pô vinciri né appattari.

That translates roughly to "Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated."

...or if you're a dyslexic Borg, "Fusistance is retile, your a$$ will be laminated."

• MARKDMK
    231 Posts
    Mon, May 23 2016 7:24 PM

sky0diver:

MARKDMK:

sky0diver:

The top money earlier (who shows in excess of 130 birdies If I recall correctly) also has a longest drive exceeding 470 yards! now that made me wonder: let's say you play the longest driver available currently and have a 30 mph back wind on a dry fairway,- you still won't get to 470 yards!!!!!

So how is that possible? am I missing something here (are there secret super drivers one gets at "champion level"? It takes the fun out of the progress to play better if I am not convinced some people are using some questionable "assistance" with their game....

I guess that you have never heard about World Long Drive Championship where the best of the best exceed 500yds mark in real life.

Mike Dobbyn, Worlds Longest Drive Champion(551 yards), hitting the golf ball 161 mph. This was taken at the Celebrity Pro-AM Memorial Event for Danny Gans to benefit The First Tee of Southern Nevada hosted by Rita Rudner located at Wildhorse Golf Club in Henderson, Nevada.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_drive

I could have just ignored that post but it is so ridiculous I have to reply :-) ... we re talking about a computer online game here. with set equipment, wind speed and so on. It's not about an individuals swing or added muscle power. Yes I do know about the long drive championships,- but hello,- I am talking about a game ... some people have difficulties to differentiate between real live and online games :-)

It is even easier to get those over 400yds drives here on wgt than in real life, I have witnessed one over 440yds on Cabo de Sol course.

The wind was close to 30mph the player had the best gear and he has aimed for the side of the hill full of big boulders so when the ball hit one of them it didn't lose any of its kinetic energy and just ricocheted downhill with great speed, easily surpassing 400yds mark.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2016 1:31 AM

Here's one I prepared earlier...

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2016 2:56 AM

V nice Mr Ton :).........I remember Blue Peter saying that a couple of times a week?  Pre Vid game days.  Back then had to be content with actually using your mind and glue, and I meant just Copydex glue LOL.

Anyone really wants a 400 yard drive quickly:

St As #10 restart a RR in high wind until up ya rear, and make sure  you have eaten all your shredded wheat.  Most importantly do click near the dinger :)..............Far from every time but will happen sooner rather than later.  

With a lot of real extra luck you can combine the feat there with the resulting 100' + putt dropping.  With bad luck you roll through to the rough, and get to flex that Charles Atlas look again:)

RSS