Help › Forums

I'm interested in joining a mobile users only CC

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 12 2017 1:58 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RefriedBean
    69 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2016 5:28 PM
    Just started WGT recently and love it. I'm not very good yet but I'm trying. One aspect of my playing that may be contributing to my notgoodness is that I play exclusively on my iPhone. So I was wondering if there were any clubs dedicated to mobile/app users only. And as a side note I see some tournaments that mention "mobile" in the title and am not sure if they are for mobile/phone users. Any input appreciated! Thanks.
  • sueomeara
    3,041 Posts
    Fri, May 27 2016 6:58 AM

Hi,

As far as I know I don't think there are any mobile only clubs as wgt doesn't allow cross platform play.

Maybe if you ask them they might let you know the position of people that only play on their mobile phone. I have members in my club who use their phone or tablet but I can never play with them or talk to them. They don't receive messages to their profile or to their wall.

Good luck with it I hope you get some answers.

Sue

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 3:27 PM

Hey RefriedBean.

I run NYC Country Club and our club is at least 90% mobile players, if not more. Being an exclusively mobile player myself, most of the friends I have recruited to our club I met through mobile head-to-head games. I create weekly club tournaments which are all available to our members on the mobile platform. Please feel free to check us out and if you would like to join don't hesitate to send a request to join.

All the best mate, cheers.

Mick

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 4:14 PM

AussieMick11:

Hey RefriedBean.

I run NYC Country Club and our club is at least 90% mobile players, if not more. Being an exclusively mobile player myself, most of the friends I have recruited to our club I met through mobile head-to-head games. I create weekly club tournaments which are all available to our members on the mobile platform. Please feel free to check us out and if you would like to join don't hesitate to send a request to join.

All the best mate, cheers.

Mick

Definitely should consider Mick's CC RefriedBean.

Mick is a super great guy, and probably the best Mobile WGT'er there is.

You could really learn a lot, and you'd have a lot of friends who play the same platform. 

• CARSLEY74
    752 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 3:08 AM

this club sounds great and right up my street being a tablet playerim a tour master and play every day

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 8:29 PM

Thanks a lot Jay, you're too kind. I had forgotten about this thread but it now makes sense how Carsley74 became a member of NYCCC for a few minutes lol. Thanks for the recommendation mate.

• RefriedBean
    69 Posts
    Fri, Jun 3 2016 1:29 PM

Thanks for the response and info.  I did look at your club and sent in an application.  As I said, I am relatively new to WGT and your club membership looks to have the kind of diversity of players that I might benefit from and hopefully that I can add some friendship to.  I also really like that most members are mobile/app users like myself.  Really looking forward to the membership and being as active as I can.  Thanks again. 

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 7:07 PM

Mick,

I did a search for clubs that are mobile friendly and you name came up. The last time I raised the question of how to pick a club, the owner of the club I was in got insulted and threw me out. I joined another club, which had the advantage of being level 15 so members got 5% XP bonus and club got another 10%. They also had the luxury of being able to have 20 club tournaments; but not only they not let members create a tournament, but trying to get them to add one suggested was like pulling teeth. Even though they rarely had more than 12 going. And most of those were usually ineligible for mobile players.

So, as a native New Yorker, your club looks like it might be a welcome change. Are you interested in new members? Working toward level 13 wher the bigger bonuses kick in for clubs and members? Willing to let members create tournaments? More interested in the enjoying the game than being some clique club?

Me, I'm a recent Tour Master, level 85, and mostly try to play games for max XP points, and working on those silly awards (like par from the sand, tee shots to green on par 4s), and clicking off videos for two credits at a time (I haven't paid for a club yet). In just over two months I've contributed 117,000 XP points to my club; so I'll hold up my end, so to speak). 

Let me know,

JasCooper

• RefriedBean
    69 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 7:17 AM

Welcome to our club!  I'm sure your participation will be richly rewarded.  Veteran status is earned by contributing 50,000 XP, so you should be able to get that fairly soon.  We welcome suggestions for new tournament ideas, so use the chat feature on the club's mobile page and we'll try them out.  We take pride in winning a lot of our Clash competitions considering our manageable membership size, so I hope you enjoy that activity also.  I think you'll find our club to be right up your alley, or fairway so to speak.  Hope you enjoy the membership!  

• golfgirl93
    148 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2017 7:54 PM

Hi Mick, I was seeking the same mobile players cc! I play on a tablet and don't get to play most of the people in my current cc. Is your cc accepting new members now? I like my cc Nice and Friendly, there are lots of tourneys and benefits, but I'm kinda lonely there with no cross platform play as my standard response to invites! Lol thx Mick

Alexandra (golfgirl93)

• PAGES
RSS