Forums

Help › Forums

BRING BACK CHAMPIONSHIP GREENS

Sun, Apr 10 2011 11:36 AM (67 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2011 11:19 AM

I'm confused Jessica...a few posts above you advocate making the tees longer so the courses will be more difficult, but then it seems you're complaining about the difficult conditions you played in?

Personally, I think it'd be boring to continually play in 3mph winds and sticky greens, regardless if I had to hit driver 3 iron all day.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2011 11:28 AM

TeeWade:
    Hmmmm thought you said this was the Mona Lisa of Golf games??

Jeez, I probably did say something like that. Still, they did give La Gioconda a mustache, didn't they?

• BAZILO
    84 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2011 12:27 PM

Your so right lady..may be you should be working for WGT. As far as i can see there is a lot os that going on and how the hell a Hack shoots a 29 is beyond me and i'm a Master working torwards TMaster..  BAZILO

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2011 1:09 PM

I'm up for the Champ greens. Played on them once and they destroyed me :)

Would be a different story now.

tbe

• BacardiAndCoke
    449 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2011 11:20 PM

I love playing in difficult conditions thats why i play alot of the time at Oakmont & BPB but what i was saying that if you going to have 30mph winds all 9 holes shouldnt have basically the same wind, they should be a mixture of directions like in real life

Jessica

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 1:24 AM

BacardiAndCoke:
    if you going to have 30mph winds all 9 holes shouldnt have basically the same wind, they should be a mixture of directions like in real life

Maybe the other way around ... In RL winds can shift around, but generally there is a prevailing wind at any given time. On WGT it is a little weird, for example, that you could have a strong tailwind approaching the 16th green at St. Andrews, and then when you step up to the 17th tee, heading in the same direction, suddenly you're facing into a major headwind.

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 1:42 AM

Speak for your self, I have a hard enough time as it is. the green speeds are not accurate as it is. If you are that good, God bless you I don't think most of us are.

• BacardiAndCoke
    449 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 1:54 AM

zagraniczniak:

BacardiAndCoke:
    if you going to have 30mph winds all 9 holes shouldnt have basically the same wind, they should be a mixture of directions like in real life

Maybe the other way around ... In RL winds can shift around, but generally there is a prevailing wind at any given time. On WGT it is a little weird, for example, that you could have a strong tailwind approaching the 16th green at St. Andrews, and then when you step up to the 17th tee, heading in the same direction, suddenly you're facing into a major headwind.

Yeh but the front 9 do just play in 1 straight line, so there would be different winds

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 2:01 AM

here here, all I here from the legends is whining, I play simply because I like the game and play the best I can, I don't always putt very well, but I don't analyze every darn shot. It's a game.Not my life;s work, Just give us a practice range where we can hit different clubs repetitively. to get better. chipping, lobbing, putting and so on.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 2:27 AM

BacardiAndCoke:
    Yeh but the front 9 do just play in 1 straight line, so there would be different winds

In a single-play tournament (consistent for all players) WGT could probably have a more "natural" wind setting, with a prevailing direction that carries over from hole to hole, but with swirls, gusts etc.

RSS