Forums

Help › Forums

Time to say so long.

Thu, Dec 1 2016 4:40 AM (216 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:41 AM

Wow..13 pages dedicated to a player nobody knows? If he hasn't left, I hope he is reading this thread..the standard buffet of responses...blunt, funny, educated guesses, advice, assumptions (good and bad), list goes on.

It's a bit akin to someone who chain smoked all their life and posted he now has COPD. Factual in its' intent and doesn't overtly blame anyone. 

But there would be those (me included) asking why this person didn't try the 100 ways proven to help a person quit smoking?...it's a natural human reaction,

I read where some doctors won't even treat smokers. No time for self inflicted wounds. I dunno.

Bottom line is everyone who has posted has a valid point, given the absence of actual facts. Nobody knows this guy or his situation. He has played 7 years. He certainly could have watched some vids or scraped together enough to buy a driver...he could have asked for help in one of the many charities...he apparently did none of that. He instead said good bye and left.

No judgment from me on this...but I am confused why someone who enjoyed the game for so long, would quit so easily? Whatever...gl to him. Hopefully he will find some other pastime.

ct

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:35 AM

YankeeJim:

lonniescott711:
    But in response to your comments you dont know any more than the next person .

That's right, I don't, which is why one offers the benefit of the doubt. You don't get in their face and lecture them like you did. 22 times you used the pronoun "you" in addressing the OP's sentiment and that's not supposed to be accusatory? What the hell good did that do other than to make you feel superior? That speaks more to character than anything and it's pretty pathetic you can't respect one individual's method of quitting enough to give him the space to do it his way, not to mention affording him the benefit of the doubt.

Carry on your attack on me if it makes you feel even more superior.

Wow such attitude from Mr. Holier than thou . Who are you to tell anyone in the forums what they can post ? You sit here with your ass on your back trying to nitpick my post in every single detail . I notice that of all of the other responses that are similar to mine that my tree is the only one that you want to bark up ..

I will respond however I please you`re nobodys father . You want to try and lecture me about what I can say or rather post but take a good look at yourself hypocrite . This is the forum where any and all threads are open to response and replies by all who wish to do so . If you dont agree with those views so be it .But you are the one who seems to be playing high and mighty not me .

Before you try to tell someone about being respectful you may want to try it first . You want to continuously rant and rave over something that really isnt even an issue at least not to me . But you go ahead Mr. Pity Party go cry your river for the sandbagging quitter that you seem so infactuated with . You 2 will make a great couple I can see you together now  crybaby couple . Fell free to carry on with your boo hoo episodes .

Oh and on attacking you go back and look at your first post you were the one who came in swinging on me . Your name or any reference to you was never made in any way or form .The only thing that I have done is respond and reply to you every time . You really need to get your facts straight . 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:41 AM

Very intelligent, appropriate response. Has everything to do with the original point. You must feel like a king now. Unfortunately, it reinforces the obvious-you have no clue and are all about judging others.

And it's infatuated, not "infactuated."

Carry on.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:49 AM

08-21-2016 5:32 PM  

lonniescott711:
    Anyway Im going to follow my advice and let this one go . Why am I going to sit here and argue over a player who wouldnt even try to help themselves .

That would've been nice 'though I didn't hold out much hope.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:58 AM

Robert1893:

And after he does that, you can show him how to properly post a link. ;-) 

Not making the link clickable was intentional. I know how to make it so.

Lazy and inconsiderate people that use all lower case, no punctuation or excessive punctuation, thus diminishing the readability of there posts, deserve to be given less consideration in return. 

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:22 PM

ApexPC:

Robert1893:

And after he does that, you can show him how to properly post a link. ;-) 

Lazy and inconsiderate people that use all lower case, no punctuation or excessive punctuation, thus diminishing the readability of there posts, deserve to be given less consideration in return. 

If you're referring to Lee...he is an elderly gentleman who has shown integrity and active participation in this forum. Even I recognize that people should not be disrespected for weak syntax. The point being made was clear.

PS: it's "their" (possessive pronoun), vice "there" (adverb). I would address the structure of your entire paragraph, but that would be inconsiderate.:)

ct

• Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:23 PM

ApexPC:

OK.  I'm not sure why one would choose to do it that way, but OK. 

ApexPC:

Well, we simply disagree. I try to avoid making those type of judgments (i.e. that someone is lazy or inconsiderate) based solely on how the person posts. Nevertheless, at times, it can be difficult not to form an opinion on some people! :-)  (Not you, others.)

For example, I didn't consider you lazy or inconsiderate for posting a link that cannot be simply clicked on in order to open it. True, I assumed that you didn't know how to do it, and I was wrong. My apologies. But that's something different. It never occurred to me to consider you lazy.

In any case, I see discussion boards for the informal conversations that they are. I tend not to worry about other people's spelling, grammar, or style (unless I feel I have a reason to do so). So I don't care... until I do. :-) As long as I can read and understand the basic message, the rest is really not much to worry about. Besides, the readability of a post should be, in my opinion, judged more by its substance than its style. 

Obviously, others take a different approach. I suppose that's fine as well. But it's always been my experience that people who are overly concerned with stuff like that end up making a good number of mistakes themselves.

Hit 'em straight and seldom!  

• Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:31 PM

ct690911:
    Even I recognize that people should not be disrespected for weak syntax.

I have an aunt who has a Facebook account. Whenever she posts anything, she always writes in all caps. But she's 90 years old, still lives by herself, and works a part-time job!

I'm not sure why no one has ever told her that's not the way it's done. Her one son and two of her grandsons are in the technology field. But no one has. So now it's just an endearing aspect of her. It's just a part of who she is. And at 90, she's earned at least that much respect to let her post the way she wants. What we see is the message of love and care that she has for so many people. 

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:44 PM

YankeeJim:

Very intelligent, appropriate response. Has everything to do with the original point. You must feel like a king now. Unfortunately, it reinforces the obvious-you have no clue and are all about judging others.

And it's infatuated, not "infactuated."

Carry on.

Yeah I rest my case you prove yourself to be everything as stated . You keep trying to put me down but you cant . I dont know why you are so miserable and keep taking pot shots at me . I havent posted anything thats any worse than others . So why are you trying to be so hateful towards me ? From your first post you started taking shots at me so why?

You keep judging me but say Im all about judging others . This is a forum where we are allowed to post our opinions Jim . You keep trying to tell me about me so arent you judging me by doing so . It seems that you are the one who has no clue not me . Just because I wont sign on to the pity party doesnt make me a bad guy . Just because I wont feel sorry for someone who only wants to take the easy way out doesnt make me a bad guy either .

Just because you dont like the way that I pointed out to the OP that they had more than every opportunity to do have and play better doesnt make me a bad guy . All I spoke was the truth doesnt matter if you like it as it wasnt addressed to you .

So no Jim I dont feel like a king for the things I have posted . I`m not that petty or shallow as a person . Matter of fact if the OP had asked for help and shown that they were trying I more than likely would have tried to help them . But since the OP by their own admission had no desire to help themselves why should I or anyone feel sorry for them ?

You see Jim its not my fault that they gave up and quit . Its not my fault that they eventually played their way back to the tips . Its not my fault that you want to take offense to my being candid blunt brash or as you put it harsh in my reply to the OP .

Now if you wish to carry on and keep bantering then by all means feel free to do so . I have better things to do than banging my head against a wall with you . The game gives me enogh headaches as it is . Sorry that the earlier typo disappointed you I will try to do better in the future when posting . .

• craigswan
    31,532 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:54 PM

What do you get when two pea's have a fight ?

Black eyed pea's .

Since the spelling police are back please notice I inserted a question mark rather than a full stop . Does anyone want a smiley face as well .

RSS