Forums

Help › Forums

Time to say so long.

Thu, Dec 1 2016 4:40 AM (216 replies)
  • krskfr
    458 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 7:04 PM

It's so funny reading the comments pertaining to players on here declaring they've had enough and are leaving WGT for good, we all know this isn't true. I know one particular chap that writes posts on his profile every 2-3 weeks saying "Say long, im done - i've had enough" just to witness him come back and play again - prove your worth if you mean what you say fella, show me lol! BOOM! 

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 7:44 PM

pmm711:

I'm sending this to lee22sharon...

And this is my new sign off...

My

Hey brother can you spare a dime ?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 8:20 PM

Robert1893:

firemangeorge:
    Now that I am a Legend and have been moved back to the "tips", I just can't compete and don't find it enjoyable at all. Not interested in spending the money to upgrade my clubs either. Just not worth it for me personally.

I guess I have a bit of a different take on this thread. With the equipment you have, I find it remarkable that you actually found the game enjoyable all these years! :-) 

That's a good point.   Actually I liked those Raptures.  I'm kicking myself I had to sell em as now they are not there in the shop anymore.  I would have got em again just for old times sake  lol

-Roger

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 9:16 PM

Best of luck George, hope you find another hobby mate.

Take care,

Jacko.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 9:27 PM

lonniescott711:
    Thye were never a friend to anyone nor seemed to try to let anyone be their friend as well .They havent even responded to any of the posts nor thanked anyone who thought they were worth being defended . Just goes to show how selfish they are as a person IMO just sayin . But no need for anyone to get bent out of shape over this . Because ladies and gentlemen Elvis has left the building .

And Judge Lonnie, knowing squat about the guy,  has passed his blind judgement. 

Priceless.

• craigswan
    31,532 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:14 AM

You know who you are .

A big public thank you for a totally unexpected gift of clubs by a true gent .

Life is good for the nice guys ..

Target golf coming up .

sports jimmy fallon entertainment golf the tonight showThis

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:30 AM

hmmm?  even looks like me minus 60 years or so.  a nice looking fellow!

i am greatly amused by all the comments, to/for/and about MY (dang) nickle.

this thread reminds me of the forums way back when.  the showboaters, the experts, the bullies, the lame,the reckless, the intelligent ones (who said what was needed and bowed out) the intelligent ones who always knew better, but couldn't shut up!

those were the days.....  have fun, try not to be a bore or hurt anyone's feelings.

i am glad to know that in the absence of the great andyson there are others who appear to be ready to continue the tongue and cheek humor he was so famous for on these very forums.     mine, and several others nickles.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 4:18 AM

lonniescott711:
    . The pity party police jumped me and claimed that I was being harsh .

Nice one Lonnie, excellent alliteration.

That's my favourite forum sentence this year!

My groat.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 7:52 AM

YankeeJim:

lonniescott711:
    Thye were never a friend to anyone nor seemed to try to let anyone be their friend as well .They havent even responded to any of the posts nor thanked anyone who thought they were worth being defended . Just goes to show how selfish they are as a person IMO just sayin . But no need for anyone to get bent out of shape over this . Because ladies and gentlemen Elvis has left the building .

And Judge Lonnie, knowing squat about the guy,  has passed his blind judgement. 

Priceless.

Oh look here`s a member of the pity party police now . Well good day officer Jim I see that you are trolling and looking to protect the pity party that you have going on . I see that you enjoy sniping and trolling .  I would have thought that such conduct would be beneath you but I see that I was wrong . But in response to your comments you dont know any more than the next person . Mr. Know It All I know they are a quitter who wouldnt even give themselves a chance . So I know the most important things and thats all thats needed .

Now be off about your self and carry on with your precious little party . Sorry if it offends you that I wont shed tears over a quitter . But you can cry a river if you like . Have a nice day Jim because I will .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:53 AM

lonniescott711:
    But in response to your comments you dont know any more than the next person .

That's right, I don't, which is why one offers the benefit of the doubt. You don't get in their face and lecture them like you did. 22 times you used the pronoun "you" in addressing the OP's sentiment and that's not supposed to be accusatory? What the hell good did that do other than to make you feel superior? That speaks more to character than anything and it's pretty pathetic you can't respect one individual's method of quitting enough to give him the space to do it his way, not to mention affording him the benefit of the doubt.

Carry on your attack on me if it makes you feel even more superior.

RSS