Forums

Help › Forums

Time to say so long.

Thu, Dec 1 2016 4:40 AM (216 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 8:39 PM

PRIESTESS:
    They were fun but then courses came along with huge elevated greens and the game moves on !!! 

Exactly. Newer courses, different clubs needed. I see the same thing with moving up a tier. New tier brings with it new challenges. I actually like the challenge of being at legend. But if I ever want an easy game, I just go into practice mode and set the parameters so that they're easy. And with the easy settings, then I can also play the starter ball. 

So I really don't get what the big deal is about moving up tiers. Besides, if the person is part of a decent country club, I'm sure there's plenty of people who would help the person out.  As others have said, all he needs to do is ask. 

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 9:04 PM

ct690911:
    A segue to my sad tale. Some drunken friends (reprobates, all of them) dragged me into a strip joint. There was a lot of "flouncing" going on in there, and I wish it only cost me a "nickel". Regardless, I survived the economic tsunami; the cold wait in the back of a police cruiser; the colder drive home when da missus came to collect me; the stark realization I had one of the flouncers' ph numbers in my wallet; and the subsequent running tab at the flower shop to buy my way off the couch.

Too funny!!!

MC

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 10:46 PM

lee22sharon:

ApexPC:

WGT should prohibit flounce threads.

Many other forums do.

flounce thread?  never heard of it, explain please.  my nickle.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Flounce

And more on, you should get your Shift key fixed.

• craigswan
    31,532 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 3:10 AM

Hey guys - you have all inspired me .

I was in the same sort of position as the original poster . Spent 30 bucks in 5 years to update clubs just the once and always use starter balls. . Floated about for a year now always protecting my tour master status and refusing to take step up to legend for fear of being non competitive .

But as some have said this game is good value for money so I am going to spend some bucks , move up to legend and enjoy new experiences on here .

I am in a great cc which I still enjoy and I also love the banter in here . So I am getting my wallet out .  [ Not easy for a tight scotsman to do ].

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 4:08 AM

twinponds169:
    Did you used to like playing cards too, but when they wore out you quit playing instead of spending a couple bucks for a new deck? To me, your biggest accomplishment in seven years has been to get a half dozen guys arguing over you into an 8 page thread.

Well said, kept me mildly amused for a while though

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 4:18 AM

craigswan:
    So I am getting my wallet out .  [ Not easy for a tight scotsman to do ].

Shouldn't be too painful, all you need is a good putter ;-) I suggest the Ghost spider (any level), if you putt off ding and either any Nike or Versa, if you move the marker and ding.

Thank you for the laugher you bring to this place. We'll need more of that from the likes of you and Paul, especially now, after Andy is no longer with us.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 4:57 AM

lee22sharon:

you then presume to use a sign off "my nickle " without acknowleding the orginal source?

shame.  MY nickle.

The original is 'my tuppence worth" and is a 19th century English phrase.

Why do you not acknowledge the original source?

My tuppence worth...

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 5:45 AM

OP's been gone for 48 hours, methinks he's serious. No Hotel Californy here.

My halfpenny.

• craigswan
    31,532 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 6:11 AM

just won my diamond round an round award .

3000 rounds in 5 years .

equals 600 rounds a year .

12 rounds per week .

almost 2 rounds a day .

I must be mad .

I,m celebrating .

• Robert1893
    7,711 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 6:14 AM

ApexPC:
    And more on, you should get your Shift key fixed.

And after he does that, you can show him how to properly post a link. ;-) 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Flounce

RSS