Forums

Help › Forums

Your comment for " CHEATING COMPUTER PROGRAMME"

Sat, Dec 3 2011 10:08 AM (78 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 11:00 AM

SgtDoodles:
    It's one thing to shoot low over 9, and another to shoot low over 18.

And obviously there are players that do just that. Now StayCool knows.   :-)

• tomab
    523 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2011 2:05 AM

1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. I won't tell you.

I have seen programs on the web made for the WGT game. There are a few of them.
    They all hit the meeter exact for you. In the more sophisticated you can put in wind direction and strength, the club you are using with nominal distance, the distance you actually want to stroke and so on. The programs does not interact with WGT, they work based on the picture on the screen and movements and events on the screen.

I looked around one day on sites where you can download such programs, and I also looked around in discussions fora for those programs. Then I searched users in the fora against WGT users and found match on some user-id's.
    Even the developer of one of the "cheat programs" I found as WGT user.
    I will not give any names here.

The "cheaters" have to hide their score. They may play manually in ordinary rounds, and use the program in a competition where they want to win. So their score may sometimes be high and sometimes be very low.

WGT is aware of these programs, and try to constantly change so that the programs do not work any more. But the "cheat" programs are also updated, so this is an endless cycle.

Since I play this game for fun, and I believe that is true for 99.9% of us, I will not give any help about where/how/program names and so. I will not participate in spreading info about those programs. I will also note that golf is a sport based on honesty, so I will not use any of those programs myself.

• oakdesign
    6 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2011 4:03 AM

tomab:

They all hit the meeter exact for you. In the more sophisticated you can put in wind direction and strength, the club you are using with nominal distance, the distance you actually want to stroke and so on. The programs does not interact with WGT, they work based on the picture on the screen and movements and events on the screen.

I completly agree with tomab.

As a software developer I can tell you that with some decent knowledge in a programming language such as Java or .NET it would take less than an hour to code a piece of software that reads information from the screen and simulates mouse events based on that information and therefore hit the ding perfect every time. In our company we use such software on a legal base to simulate user inputs or perform stress tests

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2011 4:40 AM

I think you're right, where there is a game there is a cheat program to beat it.  And it's all about the game producers keeping on top of it.  It's like computer viruses and anti-virus software; new virues come out daily and anti-virus developers are having to constantly send out updates to users.  Whether WGT do this or not I cannot say.

If someone is clever enough to write a program, then there will someone equally as clever, albeit with a twisted mind, to hack into it.

• Selby05
    30 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2011 10:00 AM

oakdesign:

tomab:

I completly agree with tomab.

As a software developer I can tell you that with some decent knowledge in a programming language such as Java or .NET it would take less than an hour to code a piece of software that reads information from the screen and simulates mouse events based on that information and therefore hit the ding perfect every time. In our company we use such software on a legal base to simulate user inputs or perform stress tests

Lol. Of course it doesn't interact with WGT. And based on the picture on the screen? Well let"s say "pixels" ? I do agree though, it's out there somewhere. 

Face it, it"s a 3D game, it allows user input with the virtual equipment where adapting occurs during game play. But to hit the ding OakD.,the curve for the variable,specified by degrees of deviation from an ideal, 1 hour you say? Where do you work as a software developer? Zynga? lol.(You're a rich man if you do btw) It's completely off topic when I say 3Dgame developers stimulate its users by depositing in order to reach a higher skill level. Which every user willing too, will do in the end. (New clubs or as mentioned above, let's say FV, a dog to protect your "virtual" belongings or just to sit there doing nothing once again). I deposit sometimes too, because I like golf, 3D golf that is. I never understood why different clubs have different swingspeed meters. If I hit a golfball on the real course (which is not likely to happen any time soon) with a i15 or let's say, my Ford bumper, well I will (try 2) hit it with the same speed every time. At least the avatar, being me in real life, will. My product suggestion towards WGT would be to come up with a "club weight" feature  instead of the " club speed"  in order to make it more realistic.

" And also, for the most part, swing speed is also factored into it as well, usually the more precise the club, the faster the meter is going to go." is what AvLee said about it at the " Game tips " section.

Well, I do believe he is an excellent 3D golfer. Even a good one in real life. Im sorry to say this but, have you read my quote in the end? Do you know your grammar? Clubs don't have different swingspeeds! Avatars do! But hey, we can buy another one with different trausers and shirts yeeeeey!!!  Do you think a poolcue or a snookercue has a faster speed? Erhm, no! Mark Selby atm has a cue action way better thn the one he had when he was a kid.. =)

Having said that OakD, now replying to your "1hour" LOL-post" , let me put on my dorkglasses and write my own 3D engine in hmmm, let"s say 2 hours? Oh crap I don't have the money, I just made a deposit and bought a pink shirt to come along with the white trausers and the white belt. Looking good, but hitting it like a 7yo noob, I'm out.

Cheers

Selby05 ( Not the Ford SHELBY, but the MARK SELBY )

" Well, Mr. Civilized, peace can also be used interjectionally, as a request, greeting or farewell. So, try to find another way to be an ***, if you don't know your, grammar, that is. Peace. "

• wjj8
    218 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 1:59 AM

yes there is at least one program out there that does everything for you...except hit the hit button....and I do believe that multiple players on here have it...I was just about to pay the 500cr for the April Legend tier tourney....take a Shot at 20,000cr but then i see and sure that i will see another, that can and does shoot whatever they want, whenever they want......they need to beat a 57 to win and it's late in the tourney...hey look at that a 54, or 56...whatever, always what they need to win....

TO WGT.....YOU ALL ALMOST GOT ME TO THROW AWAY THE CREDITS!!! and yes it is throwing them away when others are being allowed to cheat. I enter a tourney and my meter glitches like crazy(after i just shot 5-6 rounds and it was silky smooth...so not a comp issue), I am sorry, but there is no way that someone can shoot that consistent on this game all the time, never a bad day(tournament)....It would be nice to have all the programs removed that enable you to cheat. Maybe if you do this we can then see who are the best on this game(by the way, I am not one of them...lol)

Also, we can get some others winning the prizes for the tourneys...spread it out a bit.

If the folks at WGT do not do something about it, well then, I guess that they are telling that it is "fine and dandy" to have such programs(and use them)...and then, the only fool on the game would be the one that doesn't use it. That, if you want to actually get some credits, go ahead cheat it up!!! I mean why not....what's good for the goose...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 7:31 AM

wjj8:
    yes there is at least one program out there that does everything for you...except hit the hit button

Isn't hitting the hit button the only part that is hard?  If using calculators is cheating I suppose you have a point but I've yet to see one that does what you have to do to be good here. Maybe you have, IDK.

Just sayin'

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 5:14 PM

I used to think the same thing, "How can anyone possibly shoot a 55?"

Then a couple of weeks ago I shot a 57, which included a lipped-out 40 foot putt, and 2 misses from inside 10 feet (dumbass!!).

And all this without any sort of meter program!

So yes Virginia, there really is a Santa Claus....but you have to work hard and not make any mistakes in order to meet him.

And I'm not saying there aren't people on here using meter programs (I sort of take it as a given that some folks are so pathetic that they need to cheat at computer golf), just trying to point out that a low score isn't necessarily any indication that a person is using one.

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd use a meter program even if somebody gave me one.  Part of my game is the "intentional mishit", which can work wonders if you know what you're doing (or ruin your round if you do it wrong).  The auto-ding would eliminate that.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 5:57 PM

staycool:

Check your  stats. Scamble %, Sand play %, Avg. to pin and putting stats against the good players and you will see why they shoot  like they do.

Finally someone that agrees! These stats will say more about a player as well as one putts vs two or more putts. If someone was using a program (which I have heard about since I have been on here but no one ever seems to know where you get it. Kind of like the Nessy theory.) how would this work around the green such as chipping, pitching, flopping and putting. As my dear dad used to say "You drive for show and putt for dough!"

• wjj8
    218 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 6:57 PM

Thanks guys, I sort of hastily wrote that....I guess I was just frustrated at the fact that the way I hit a club before doesn't seem to work now...I use my meter for all my shots(meaning  I counter the wind with my meter...very different type of shooting) as Jerm65 pointed out that he does as well, and they just don't seem to be going the same.

I do understand that I do need more rounds at Legend before I really get it going...I have, however, improved my putting(I use the meter to counter the break as well)...but just can't seem to get my driving and gir back to what it once was...I was an 85%+ on both...now....not so much....lol.

I do apologize to anyone that took offense and agree with the facts that those stats mean a heck of a lot.

Once again...sorry, frustration got the better of me there.

RSS