Forums

Help › Forums

What good are career earnings if you can't spend them?

Thu, Sep 15 2016 10:59 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DumSwede
    1,527 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2016 8:40 AM

Not that I'll ever afford the private jet or mansion.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2016 10:31 AM

Career earnings is just a total of all credits earned from the beginning of an account.

Doesn't represent how much you have but if fact was credits that could be spent.

For instance, your yearly income is your total earnings for the year. Doesn't mean you have that much money sitting around somewhere, but almost certain it has been spent.  Well any part that you don't still have in savings somewhere.  ;-)

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2016 10:51 AM

DumSwede:
    What good are career earnings

It's for bragging rights only. Mind you that it only includes official earnings from WGT's purse, minus Bracket winnings. No challenge earnings from MP games...

DumSwede:
    Not that I'll ever afford the private jet or mansion.

This is bragging of the company. By re-transmitting the credits to $$, they give the public the wrong impression that a fortune might be gained here. See the earnings leaderboard on the front page.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2016 11:31 AM

alosso:
    they give the public the wrong impression that a fortune might be gained here.

Yep.   Take me for instance.  I pay 100 credits for a 100cr RG and win 50cr's back.  Even though I lost credits, it will show as a positive earnings of 50 cents.  LOL

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2016 11:40 AM

Most of all, these 50 crs aren't worth 0.50 $. In fact, they are worth nothing
    outside WGT, because

Credits do not have monetary or stored value or any credit balance of real currency or its equivalent and are not redeemable for money at any time.
    (from the T&Cs).

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2016 12:00 PM

Yep,   was just putting the currency on there since the career earnings is shown in dollar amounts.  

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2016 12:10 PM

It also will not include any credits earned from doing the offers such as the videos surveys or completing purchase offers .

• birdnamnam
    22 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2016 3:41 AM

There are some members with millions of actual credits (not earnings). What are they going to do with them?

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2016 4:05 AM

• birdnamnam
    22 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2016 5:31 AM

TopShelf2010:

Credits are different from Earnings. In a nutshell, Credits can be used to purchase/gift/rent items listed in the Pro Shop and Career Earnings reflect everything you have won or attained by playing the game.

Don

Thank you for answering, Don, but I know what credits are and where they can be used. The question had another meaning. 

• PAGES
RSS