Forums

Help › Forums

world cup 2017

Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:40 AM (2,096 replies)
  • NAUGHTYBINATURE
    260 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 3:44 PM

Group1 round 2 result

Courtney01 vs RHallas

Courtney 56

RHallas 63

Courtney won..:))

• Nicozandberg
    726 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 4:08 PM

7 Games / Results yet to come in with less than 2 days to go. Captains, Please check if all your results have been recorded in the Group tables on pg 1 . Thank you.

• RHallas
    1,484 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 4:17 PM

Group 1 rnd 2, pukis vs amigo salt.  Courtney defeats RHallas 56-63.

Great player and much respect. We had a fun match and I appreciate her efforts tonight to stay up late so we can play.  Well done Courtney!

Rick

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2017 1:27 AM

GROUP 1

Final standings. Although TimH and Hatchy played a matchplay instead of strokeplay which Hatchy won, Tim has agreed to let the result stand - unless this is against the rules. Maccaunited's opponent Nevellsk never made return contact with him, and I understand NBN has agreed this is an Amigos win (we needed it!). Well played to the Pukis team - I think they're going to go far in this World Cup!

TAKE WITH A PINCH OF SALT AMIGOS

V   PUKIS AND FRIENDS
      PLAYER 1       PLAYER 2
    1 SHOVLOVIN L DRAW
     64   64
    ZBLN L DRAW
    2 SMOKETHEGREEN77 CH LOSE
     61   59
    impotent69 CH WIN
    3 PLAGUEXYZ666 CH +2 LOSE
     60(62)   56
    waytoplayjohn L WIN
    4 RHALLAS CH LOSE
     63   56
    courtney01 CH WIN
    5 BERY111 L LOSE
     67   (61) 63
    naughtybinature CH +2 WIN
    6 PUTTRMAN10R TL DRAW
     62   62 starrider2 TL DRAW
    7 TIMHOWELL1 CH +2 LOSE
     match   play hatchy66 L WIN
    8 MACCAUNITED L WIN
        0 nevellsk CH +2 NO CONTACT
  • pepsieric1963
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2017 2:40 AM

withdrawal from player FoS

16TH MARCH - 30TH MARCH BETHPAGE BLACK 18 HOLES STROKEPLAY
    GROUP 3
    GAME 2
    MATCH 1
    FRIENDS OF SEVE V COSA NOSTRA GOODFELLAS POINTS
    PLAYER 1 PLAYER 2
    5 scotsgolfer03 V 5 Mlevin 3
    7 13
  • PAULFINN52
    3,174 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2017 10:53 AM

The  world cup of golf 2017

hello  all

first of all I have to announce that the band of brothers have had to leave the comp due to issues in the club and most of the team leaving,I really feel for jim because he has tried to make a team but it seems no-one wants to play,I have decided that this comp will move on and any team playing band of brothers will get maximum points,it shoudnt make that much difference in the tables but there are 4 spots open with 7 teams in to make the knockout stages,

the second round  is nearly over and a few more games not played,can you make sure players that you are able to play and let your captains know asap if you cant please,

apart from that everyone settling in well and I applaud all the players and captains for getting their games played well before time some teams,

just remember every point counts towards you making the knockout stages.

I hope all teams are enjoying this comp and I had some kind words from jim(twinponds)

( thank you again for all the work and time you are putting into this. If your goal is to promote in-club camaraderie and teamsmanship, as well as outside the club new friends and good spirited game play, then you are having a great success with it!)

That makes it all worthwhile to me thx mate

Right to the golf

group 1

the chickens are cementing their place at the top but Georgian aces and eagles are not far behind plus they have to play each other yet so the top 3 could change over the next four rounds,

the next four teams could make it in the top four now band of brothers have left so all to play for,

Group 2

anyone of 7 teams are fighting for the top four places but the white knights have to start picking up some points to stay in the fight,

Group 3

This is a really tight group with all teams still in contention for the places,I think the next couple of matches are vital to all the teams to make sure of progressing to the latter stages,

Group 4

This round brings up the match of the round.the trannies v victoriae I wish they could twitch every match because I would watch them all,who knows what the result will be but im sure the winner of the group will come from one of these teams,

The next 2 places will come from the next 3 or 4 teams.our moths have had 2 hard games so they are due a winner somewhere hopefully lol.,

Round  3

Chambers bay 18 holes stableford

Start March 31st completed by   April 14th

All matches are on page 1 of this forum

Closest  to the pin for round 3 and sponsors

Shovlovin

1 Sleeve

CTTH 7th

Chambers

Borat

1 Sleeve

CTTH 12th

Kersh1976

1 sleeve

CTTH 17th

Bubbsboy will be in touch with the winners/sponsors of round 2

RULES OF STABLEFORD

Because its scoring points rather than strokeplay,it’s a good idea for both players to have a pen and paper ready to write down the scores after each hole I would suggest so that there are no confusions over the scoring is one player write the scores in the message box after each hole and the other player agrees,theres no time after the match finishes to put the final score so we have to take each players honesty that the scores tally up with each other,

THE SCORING

DOUBLE BOGEY OR WORSE= 0 POINTS

BOGEY=1 POINT

PAR=2 POINTS

BIRDIE= 3 POINTS

EAGLE= 4 POINTS

DOUBLE EAGLE= 5 POINTS

any player with a - 2  by their name must deduct points from their end score

any player with  - 4  by their name must deduct points from  their end score

all matches must be completed by due date or will be classed as void 0 points,no excuses

want to keep the comp going.

If any  player changes tier before he plays his match,he must play as the new tier,

Always check you playing partners tier before start of play,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Arrangement rules are in the information forum please read them

Players if any problems arranging matches,contact your captain asap and he will contact the other captain so they can sort it,I don’t really want to get involved if I don’t have to but if you need a ruling contact me.

Everyone should know the arrangements so I don’t need to publish them again,

Use your own common sense please.

Captains can you send me weekly reports please and il update tables day after close of play

I cant do this without your help

Keep me updated on any tier changes because it will affect the handicap

What I don’t want is any negative remarks or bad feedback from any players,if you have a problem,see your captain and he can contact the other captain to resolve the issue,

I don’t want to get involved unless I have to,we are all adults so please act like one,

The main thing to remember it’s a game and a chance to make some new friends win or lose,

Go in with this attitude and you will enjoy it,

Gl and have fun

finny

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2017 12:22 PM

Copied from sponsor thread.

With me away tomorrow (last day) till middle of next week then Finny will look out for any late winner of CTTH. 

ROUND 2

CTTH Hole 3 : Leader Plaguexyz.........1 Foot......sponsor...WGTIcon

CTTH Hole 12 : Leader Tygers............5.3 foot.....sponsor...Stevereilly.

If this stands can sponsors please make contact and thanks again.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2017 12:28 PM

ROUND 3

CTTH second to 7th........sponsor Shovlovin

CTTH 12TH (Tee shot to par 4)......sponsor Borat74

CTTH  17th........................sponsor Kersh1976

Thanks sponsors and hope more replays this time as very few last round.

Always worth an early post if decent as folk may just not bother ;-)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2017 3:41 AM

THE GRANDE OAKS  V  THE GEORGIAN DIAMONDS

Group 3 Game 2 Final result.

Warbo123 CH          V   Shaanbeckham CH

triple000 CH             V     Midmajor TL            

HackWilson CH +2   V    Fckikao L

rfpoul CH +2             V    Adamnot L

Jresh0817 CH +2      V    Mhaggstrom L

Bdatwood L            V    Nancy1959 CH +2    

nbtrouble CH +2        V    Sirbugger L

TWilliamsJr TL +2      V     Vanmeerv L

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2017 6:53 AM

PAULFINN52:

hello  all

first of all I have to announce that the band of brothers have had to leave the comp due to issues in the club and most of the team leaving,I really feel for jim because he has tried to make a team but it seems no-one wants to play,I have decided that this comp will move on and any team playing band of brothers will get maximum points,it shoudnt make that much difference in the tables but there are 4 spots open with 7 teams in to make the knockout stages,

Hi Finny,

As I'm sure plenty of others are doing I've my own spreadsheet going and want to clarify if the opening game that's already been played against Band of Brothers will be recorded as a 24-0 win for their opponents (Georgian Aces) also?

Thanks.

Johnny.

RSS