Forums

Help › Forums

Pre Determined Winners

Sat, Apr 9 2011 6:55 AM (23 replies)
  • 18orbust
    31 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2011 11:39 PM

Just curious not been here long. I played a match today  i birdied the first 2 holes my opponent  chats up that the game is cheating and wgt wants me to win as the match progresses he evens it up i birdie 18 to win the match he gets really mad calls me a cheater and i work for wgt to take his credits. I am just curious has ne 1 ran into this issue and is it possible that wgt does pre determine who wins matches.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2011 1:13 AM

18orbust:

Just curious not been here long. I played a match today  i birdied the first 2 holes my opponent  chats up that the game is cheating and wgt wants me to win as the match progresses he evens it up i birdie 18 to win the match he gets really mad calls me a cheater and i work for wgt to take his credits. I am just curious has ne 1 ran into this issue and is it possible that wgt does pre determine who wins matches.

Of course it's not possible. the actual shot is only determined after you hit the ball.

It's math where game has grids and if you are at spot x and hit ball y + other variables you get result z. game cannot read your mind nor where u hit/what club you hit. the game can only react to yours.

-wgticon

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2011 1:32 AM

This guy was just a sore looser..thats all

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2011 1:34 AM

Just looking at your profile & your recent match activity , you beat a good player there over 18 holes (good win)

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2011 3:27 AM

You know, I understand how you feel! I know that WGT lets Bigfoot, Nessie and those ET friends of Yancy win every game we play. It could be rigged..

BTW I did beat Chewbacca in a match once though.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2011 4:42 PM

I don't think the winner is pre-determined 18, but the game is programmed to make your game harder or easier based on a complex algorithm that looks at your tier, level, average, etc etc etc. Catch it during a perios where the difficulty is turned up, and most likely your gonna lose. Catch it when the difficulty is turned down, and you feel like you can bet anyone.

Not a pre-determined winner, but they play a part in taking the end result out of the players hands.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2011 5:44 PM

VanHalenLover:

I don't think the winner is pre-determined 18, but the game is programmed to make your game harder or easier based on a complex algorithm that looks at your tier, level, average, etc etc etc. Catch it during a perios where the difficulty is turned up, and most likely your gonna lose. Catch it when the difficulty is turned down, and you feel like you can bet anyone.

Not a pre-determined winner, but they play a part in taking the end result out of the players hands.

No, that is a lie.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2011 10:50 PM

huh?

Mods have already discussed how the variance and difficulty changes based on these factors - has this changed?

Of course, this part:

VanHalenLover:

is just my opinion. Might not match yours, but that sure as heck doesn't make it a lie. Fairly rude comment, don't you think? Disagree with me all you want icon, but at least bring something other than accusations to the table, huh?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2011 11:21 PM

VanHalenLover:

huh?

Mods have already discussed how the variance and difficulty changes based on these factors - has this changed?

Of course, this part:

WGTicon:

is just my opinion. Might not match yours, but that sure as heck doesn't make it a lie. Fairly rude comment, don't you think? Disagree with me all you want icon, but at least bring something other than accusations to the table, huh?

First of all, I did not say that and you can see what I said by reading a post above.

Second of all, I do not think what I said was rude. You post stated a lie and many new players may read it and believe it. I simply stated in as short as reply I could think of.

This is not an opinion, it is a fact.  There is absolutely no point for any company to fix results. We do not care (to be blunt) who wins and who loses. The important part is to have as fair competition as possible. Now, there are many ways in which you may disagree what is fair but it doesn't make it unfair.

As you can tell, this is not a topic where opinion has a place. One is right and everything else is not.

-wgticon

RSS