Forums

Help › Forums

Pre Determined Winners

Sat, Apr 9 2011 6:55 AM (23 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2011 2:46 PM

zagraniczniak:
    I don't think that's what Van was talking about, however - but rather the VEM system that (according to the patent claims) is designed to automatically make the game harder as the player improves. In other words, the game engine effectively making it easier for one player to win and harder for another.

That's what I was going for zag, and might I also add, explained much more clearly in your words than was in mine, lol.

I don't think anyone is saying that WGT targets specific players or results of specific matches, I certainly don't believe it. I do however think that the VEM model helps to determine who has the advantage before the match ever starts. Not always, but it sure exists.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2011 3:34 PM

VanHalenLover:
    I do however think that the VEM model helps to determine who has the advantage before the match ever starts.

In a totally random fashion, I presume, like a luck of the draw type thing. I don't think you mean it looks at who's playing first and then "determines" do you?

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2011 8:16 PM

YankeeJim:
    In a totally random fashion, I presume, like a luck of the draw type thing. I don't think you mean it looks at who's playing first and then "determines" do you?

Totally random, no - but also not comparing players then determining the winner. 

I think each player's VEM model is real time, and when you click to start a game, your specific 'difficulty', if you will, is already set for that round; before you even know who you are playing. just like everyone else in the game.

Some will play that game under the direst of VEM circumstances, and some will have one of those 'can do no wrong' games, while others will have a more typical, normal round. It is those who have VEM on their side who have the advantage that round. And it might change the very next round, even with the exact same players involved.

It's a percentage game, and in no way am I stating that the matches are predetermined. I am saying that the VEM model forces both good and bad rounds on each and every player. When it's your turn, it's your turn, lol.

• EdwardRo
    191 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 6:55 AM

Hi everyone, ive been playing for just a little over a year now, i just turned Legend about 2 weeks ago, when i was tour master and right before i turned Legend i was shooting scores anywhere from a -8 to -13 on 18 hole rounds, and -5 to -8 on 9 hole rounds, now as Legend after 2 weeks im back to shooting low scoreing rounds, -7 and -8 on bethpage black,  i call it the ZONE, to me you will play well  when u can position shots from tee box setting up for right club for 2nd shots approch shots, and good putting, im not perfect but i can play with the best at any given time, the ZONE is when u hit the meter where u want to , yes i have bad rounds with good rounds, i never give up even if i start out with a doubble or triple bogey, most of the time i will make up a bogey or triple after a few holes and on my way back to shooting a descent round,  just play more and u will become better, 99% of all my rounds are stroke play, ide rather play 18 holes then 9, gives me more of a chance to straghten out bad play just as in any game, the more u play the better u will get keep your head up and focus, always take a 2nd look before any shot, and dont try and out drive the next guy just try and hit safe shots or a shot u know will give u a chance at the green, good luck everyone shoot some good rounds,

RSS