Wed, Dec 14 2016 7:46 AM (27 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2016 1:51 AM

I

alosso:

YankeeJim:
    alosso:
    Only one shot is necessary, no game or hole needs to be finished.

That is only for the CDP. If you want your CC to get credit you have to finish whatever you started when using the pass.

I beg to differ. The CDP is the subject from the OP, and with a pass, the CC will get the CDP XPs from that one shot, too, with all bonus %.

In a way you are right but wrong at the same time. You do get credited for the day played but you do not get full XP points. I just took one shot on mobile then quit. Went to the game client using a flash browser. It showed that I had played. I went back to mobile and played my normal random 3. I got a grand total of 42 XP points.  That is 5700 points lost. Doesn't matter to me as I am above everything in the pro shop, But players trying to level up to get the Nike irons before they are gone any lost XP points could really hurt them.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2016 3:01 AM

As YJ confirmed, you should get the full CDP XPs plus bonus %% awarded to your and - with a pass - to your CC's account right after playing that first tee shot. Of course, there won't be a plate announcing it because you didn't finish the game, but they have been there for YJ and every time I tested it through the "Days Played Issue" thread.

Remember: This is the purpose of the change, to award the CDP even if the game isn't completed.

Next game is a new game, and of course THERE the CDP isn't involved any more.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2016 6:23 AM

alosso:
    I don't think so. Don't forget the CC bonus %, +10%, bringing it to 4083. The numbers may also be overstated after the first shot and reduced after shot two.
    I reported on that before.

This is what's confusing. I expected that 4083 but definitely got more than that. When I checked before I quit I had taken 1 stroke so the total was 4233. I then took 2 more before quitting and sure enough, I got credit for those 2 strokes with the final total being 4235.

What i don't understand is where the extra points came from. I should have received about 4085 but actually got 150 more than that. Obviously there was no end of game explanation because I quit.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2016 7:07 AM

I agree with you, but I have no explanation for this detail.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 4:56 PM

alosso:

I agree with you, but I have no explanation for this detail.

I just verified something you mused about a while ago. If your first shot of the new day is in an AS game, you get the bonus. The caveat is YOU have to be the host and take the first shot.  I've been waiting for the timing to be right and tonight it happened. Just got me the points.  :-)

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 9:17 PM

Thanks, YJ, good to know.

Do you have news about the other players - 2nd, 3rd, 4th? Are they indeed excluded?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 5:00 AM

alosso:
    2nd, 3rd, 4th? Are they indeed excluded?

I can only verify, as one of those non-hosting players, that the CDP doesn't happen if the round is your first one of the new day.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 7:46 AM

Thanks again, such confirmation of our guesses was missing.

So there is only one "First Tee Shot" in an MP, only one player does get the CDP. I guess they are too busy to prepare for the pling-pling of the new CC tournament provision to properly finish this subject.

RSS