Forums

Help › Forums

** Come and give me your ideas **

Thu, Mar 2 2017 11:36 PM (128 replies)
  • Premed
    776 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2017 12:30 PM

WGTicon:
    We want to try to keep them to classics and lower levels, to try and bring back memories and equalize the field a bit

IMO there is no point to this unless everybody is using the same ball, preferably the free ball, otherwise the field will not be equalized, simple as that really.

• WGTNiblick
    26 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2017 2:50 PM

Is anyone interested in having a Set of the Week that is made up of only an iron set, a lob wedge and a putter?  It would make playing from the back tees pretty much impossible but could be fun from the front tees.

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2017 2:52 PM

WGTNiblick:

Is anyone interested in having a Set of the Week that is made up of only an iron set, a lob wedge and a putter?  It would make playing from the back tees pretty much impossible but could be fun from the front tees.

sure thing!

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2017 3:55 PM

WGTNiblick:

sounds like fun!

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 2:54 PM

WGTicon:
    some ideas for Sets of the Week

It would be cool if you guys (and gals) could implement this option into AS, Skins, and Match Play, too.

WGTNiblick:
    Is anyone interested in having a Set of the Week that is made up of only an iron set, a lob wedge and a putter?

Sounds fun.

I also believe that the ball should be the same for everyone. HUGE, HUGE difference..the ball makes. HUGE inequality in a tournament that could be a field equalizer or semi-equalizer for everyone.

Folks are already doing unlimited CC tourneys and mapping or semi-mapping the SOTW clubs. I considered it, but decided that was just wasting balls. My ego don't need stroked.

Change the ball up every week, too. Or set the CC SOTW to single play only. 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 3:22 PM

WGTNiblick:

Sure do it , its all in bringing something new to the table

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 3:33 PM

WGTNiblick:
    Is anyone interested in having a Set of the Week that is made up of only an iron set, a lob wedge and a putter? 

YES ,,  This would be fun .

OPY 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 3:49 PM

I can't play worth a diddly with what I have, I'm in couldn't be any worse.

• AlaskanDame
    19,425 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 10:59 PM

Definitely enjoying the Raptures this week.  Thanks for the switch-up, wgt.

How about I-25 irons and woods, plus lower ATV wedges and a spider putter?

I like the G-20's idea, too.  

Icon:  Was wondering what to tell my club --- do people below level 41 get the SOTW even if the clubs are above lvl 41?  They wanta know if that's a way to try out the higher clubs, and I don't want to put up tourneys my P's and TP's can't play in.

Thanks,

AKD

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 1:26 PM

krskfr:

AgentBrown123:
    These were the best days in wgtland in my opinion, you had a chance to score well but had to really focus and work for it with good short game

he he he, cough cough, lol. BOOM! Not everyone agrees with you AgentBrown123. Some chaps (not mentioning names) keep writing on their profile that they're through with this game saying they would never return, but alas, they cannot get enough of this game. I wont mention names, but we both know who im talking about mate. Your friend and mine, K!

You are not a friend. Just wanted to clarify that in case you were confused. How about you stick to the topic instead of trying to start something bud

I'll just say this and let the thread get back on track.

Someone saying they are quitting and then not is way less egregious than getting caught red handed with a multi account and it getting disabled. Not mentioning names here, but I think we both know who and what I'm talking about mate. 

RSS