Help › Forums

** Come and give me your ideas **

Thu, Mar 2 2017 11:36 PM (128 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 9:01 PM

AgentBrown123:

g10's lvl 55 daytona putter ping and satin z wedges

Digging it...but want the old Ping wedges back with my G10's, keep that Taylor made stuff to yourself!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 9:07 PM

Lisa03:

If you want make $ for WGT, Offer iron sets 4-PW. This will allow for a 4th wedge or a 230yd hybrid that is capable of punching out of deep rough.

jLook in player's bag. Most have some type of utility club, depending on course played.5wdJ?j

Good in theory Lisa, but as explained by WGT some years back, that all clubs 3-PW are built off of one code...i/e they are not (at least at the time) built individually.

So to design one club to replace one in the bag, would require to make all club sets offered, one club at a time.

I'm sure you recall the days of when say, Ping 9 (or was it 8) irons played goofy, from lower to higher levels...WGT just input the parameters in a club set and off we go.

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 10:25 PM

Spider putter. Ping G25 level 35+ irons.  a 50 or 60  distance wedge is easier to save par so i would stick with the 70 distance, i think thats a good idea. Any 220 hybrid  . Any 245 driver

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2017 7:32 AM

LOL no taylor made??

ok so how about g10 irons, spider or daytona putter, the old ping wedges and an r9 270 yard driver. It made courses like bethpage and st andies very tough but still scorable

These were the best days in wgtland in my opinion, you had a chance to score well but had to really focus and work for it with good short game.. felt very rewarding

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2017 10:17 AM

AgentBrown123:

These were the best days in wgtland in my opinion, you had a chance to score well but had to really focus and work for it with good short game.. felt very rewarding

I agree, they were great rounds back then.  A few birdies and I felt I'd really played well.  Now I'm unhappy if my approach is outside 10 feet.

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2017 3:55 AM

made a cc event with starter balls only with set of the week the irons are fine but the wedges and the putter are terrible lol just scrapped par that putter is so bad lol, was fun though

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2017 4:13 AM

PRIESTESS:

Spider putter. Ping G25 level 35+ irons.  a 50 or 60  distance wedge is easier to save par so i would stick with the 70 distance, i think thats a good idea. Any 220 hybrid  . Any 245 driver

The original Spider  putter is still in the Pro shop.It was the first upgrade putter I bought abought 7 years ago, hated it.

• 0000rb3
    270 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2017 4:20 AM

An older driver with med. trajectory, a low loft iron set, and whatever putter you want. But, make the meter difference between driver, irons, and woods at least 1.5. Super slow driver then screaming irons then easy sliding woods could muck up a lot.

And the low loft iron set on anything elevated...BPB is a great one for low loft set. Bring back purposely missing the green (cause you aint gonna stick it), chipping close, and one putt to get par.

I am sure that you all have thought of all of these suggestions in this thread already though. Just mix it up.

RSS