Help › Forums

I would like to introduce a player to the Mods

Fri, Feb 17 2017 12:29 AM (133 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 11:41 AM

pdb1:
    Good point . And Colin can take it from there

I have been, and probably will continue to vocal regarding my views, and as a result have butted heads with quite a few people....including Paul. However despite disagreements, I still respect him and remain friends.

I have a zero intolerance for ignorance and sometimes to make a point, I will mock that person. Right or wrong, that is me, ahgain if someone does not like that or me, I have zero issues with that.

My intention of this thread was to see if the mods would give Colin a second (or is it more?) chance......but I did it with some humour which I knew would not offend Colin. I did not expect it to go on like this lol.

I have seen a lot worse that what CT has posted in the past, and those players can still post freely, or have had their time in the naughty corner....and could once again post.

I will use Peter as an example......yes he did get quite heated, probably more so than CT. He was put on the bench for a while, but was allowed back.....

Now Peter has stepped away from the game, sadly for health reasons....but he tried to make amends with some of those he had run ins with before he left.....redemption perhaps, but he wanted to be at peace with himself. Everyone is surely entitled to that.

Life is just too short to bear grudges.......so what I am saying is, Icon, time to bury that hatchet and lets move on.......sure lay down the law to CT but lets move all on.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 12:01 PM

alanti:

pdb1:
    Good point . And Colin can take it from there

I have been, and probably will continue to vocal regarding my views, and as a result have butted heads with quite a few people....including Paul. However despite disagreements, I still respect him and remain friends.

I have a zero intolerance for ignorance and sometimes to make a point, I will mock that person. Right or wrong, that is me, ahgain if someone does not like that or me, I have zero issues with that.

My intention of this thread was to see if the mods would give Colin a second (or is it more?) chance......but I did it with some humour which I knew would not offend Colin. I did not expect it to go on like this lol.

I have seen a lot worse that what CT has posted in the past, and those players can still post freely, or have had their time in the naughty corner....and could once again post.

I will use Peter as an example......yes he did get quite heated, probably more so than CT. He was put on the bench for a while, but was allowed back.....

Now Peter has stepped away from the game, sadly for health reasons....but he tried to make amends with some of those he had run ins with before he left.....redemption perhaps, but he wanted to be at peace with himself. Everyone is surely entitled to that.

Life is just too short to bear grudges.......so what I am saying is, Icon, time to bury that hatchet and lets move on.......sure lay down the law to CT but lets move all on.

Thank you Alan (and others) for the support. Icon is a human being and this influences his decisions...I do not believe I have broken T&Cs to where I should be sat down. As Alan pointed out, many others have posted worse, or have deliberately flame baited; yet remain free to continue. 

The point ^^ is that, like Alan, I have to be myself. I can't change how I think or how I word my posts. I try to be respectful in disagreement and articulate intelligent messages ... but if people continually attack me in a personal manner...I have to defend myself. This is why Icon is upset. He told me to ignore them.

I would point out that Icon didn't ignore the baiting when folks were having fun with him and wgt universe. It's not that easy.

People who break the rules should be sat down for a spell...but the punishment should fit the crime.

ct

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 1:19 PM

alanti:

You chose well, Alanti.

We are who we choose to be. It is our actions that define us, nothing else. You can be the nicest person on the block, until someone hurts your children. Then primal instinct is going to take over.

Hurt my children, I'll literally crucify your ass, for all to see.

You have no control over this type of anger. Anyone who thinks they do, are lying to themselves, and all around them, or they're selfish troglodytes. 

Trying to control peoples emotions is impossible. If two people differ with each other, it is far better to let them have at each other, until one is finally at the stage of reality.

That being, "WTF are we doing, & how long can this go on for"? then it ends.

Something new begins, from that point on. I have seen some pretty corrosive comments in here, that others, either don't get, or, could care less. Sometimes I envy those folks.

Peer pressure is ever present in these forums. Little girls taking their own lives over bullying, has changed some posting boards drastically. Perhaps the new owners are cognitive of this, and have taken the "normal" (HAH!) responses, from the WGT mods most of us know.

Icon's hands may be tied, by new rules we know nothing about. Someone has to decide what constitutes infractions, and to what degree, those infractions will be punished.

Quick question. Is Icon the only mod left here? what happened to Shoe, Pizza, Shamwow, Universe, or any others I can't recall now? I read the old forums quite a bit.

Every thing is relative. My buddy Einstein said that. What constitutes an infraction to my dry, innocuous humor, may seem unfair to others that think, (perceive) my kind of humor is spiteful.

It's not. It's observational. If someone is going to take a jab at someone, they better be well equipped to receive, as well as they give. All to many are not able to receive, and go crying to mommy.

A very high percent of the posters in here are also observationally motivated. This thread is a very good example of exactly that. Every single poster to this thread, has responded to a previous post, and has OBSERVED the intention of the post, except one person.

Other than that, everyone has had humorous remarks towards others, about our beleaguered friend's position.

When Dopy spewed forth maliciously, he became the receiver. He did that all by himself, and deserves everything that comes his way. He's not going to like it.

Well, I don't actually know that, as he does hang with a few dogs, that all were used for conditioning. If he has no problem with being an experiment, by his own volition, he should not be bothered by his receivership of all the remarks, he wantonly asked for, by chiding the person he once felt slighted by.

Collin's friends, acquaintances, have come to his aid in the topic of the initial post. They also came to his aid when the magnificent malcontent, chose his path. Poorly I might add.

Overall a good example of the good & bad, that dwell in us all. Some cling to ugly as well.

We the self defined, by all above postings, wish the moderation of Collin to be henceforth commuted.

Hope I did not take any gratuitous behavior with any of the above, except one. He asked for it, received it, and deserved it.

Creeping Leaves

• pmm711
    5,640 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 1:23 PM

pdb1:
    Continue with all of our positive and good energy toward Peter please .

I've said many, many prayers today for our good bud Peter.  I hate to misinterpret anything, but here in the US when someone uses this terminology...as Peter did...

petervcpt:

I'm checking out of here in a few days guys. Not sure exactly when but things have accelerated in the last few days. CT and Phil have the skinny on that.

and then today he sold all of his equipment and gifted away what he could...

my brother's words a few days before he died echoed in my head..."I'm checking out of here Paul".

I truly pray Peter just said "F-it" to the game...not to life.

He was a good dude.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2017 5:30 AM

The forum has no 'rant n rave' sort of section. That's a mistake, they should have a section which is like a seedy bar down a dark alley in a part of town on the wrong side of the tracks. 

Give members a place to unload and post freely without moderation or fear of being banned. 

*Of course there would be those common sense guidelines, threatening someone would and should result in permanent banning. People aren't stupid, most know where the line is and anyone who games and is on gaming forums knows what will usually get you banned for good. 

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2017 7:13 AM

dedBuNNy:
    The forum has no 'rant n rave' sort of section.

Very astute. With that type of a section, people could hash out all sorts of personal dilemmas, that arise inevitably, between individuals.

Kind of like a "Yo Momma is so..." would be a nice start. It won't take long, for that to debilitate, into personality clashes. LOL

Recently, someone said something about "cutting holes in the recipients pockets so he could have something to play with". That is intelligent,  innocuously funny humor, on a grand scale.

Great humor is coupled with a fantastic imagination. Those of us who actually stop & think about that comment, visualize it, laugh the best.

People have to be left to police themselves once in awhile. Otherwise, they don't learn respect for boundaries, or others.

Give the thread a good name, with an opening post, explaining, enter at own risk. All posters are subject to the same haranguing.

If you don't like what you see, leave.

This may be to simple for WGT, IDK...

Still a good idea, I agree

Creeping Leaves

RSS