Forums

Help › Forums

No waiting on St Andrews 18

Wed, Mar 8 2017 6:17 AM (39 replies)
  • bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2017 7:28 AM

Playing partner (Dave) managed to reach this spot from his drive earlier this morning. Thought it was going OOB, stayed in play!

And here's the replay of the drive: http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=939e0027-3df8-460f-b4db-a72e00cfe87c

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2017 9:15 AM

Yep, that's a new one, lol. Think I'll suit up an' try to duplicate that .

Doc :)

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2017 9:26 AM

Definitely different.  In the replay you can see the ball rolling on the edge of the road and then drift back (or bounce back) to the fence line.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2017 9:40 AM

+1

It definitively looks as stopping inside the fence. The still frame above looks like outside.

BTW: In front of that rough is the only person on the course, visible from the fence, about 78 yds out.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2017 10:04 AM

alosso:

+1

BTW: In front of that rough is the only person on the course, visible from the fence, about 78 yds out.

watch replay from camera 2   i maybe wrong but i think i can see a little scally wearing a blue top from the local college waiting to break into that house

• watp
    1,211 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2017 11:58 AM

drmoose:

Yep, that's a new one, lol. Think I'll suit up an' try to duplicate that .

You'll get it eventually.

It's a few years ago now but I remember hitting an identical drive and being knocked off my feet at WGT's unusual act of benevolence. I was certain it was costing me a ball.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2017 12:53 PM

Okay,this is gettin' more than a little paranormable here ! Note that in the top picture the ball rolls through the fence. The bottom picture gives me my next shot from the fairway an' if that ain't weird enough, who the hell opened the car door an' trunk ? That's it, I'm callin' in a full blown investigatable on this one , now !

• blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2017 1:29 PM

Maybe, just maybe, I might have the answer. I think that car belongs to Mulder and Scully.

\@@/

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2017 2:01 PM

alosso:
    In front of that rough is the only person on the course, visible from the fence, about 78 yds out.

Good eye alosso -- Now I been takin a peek around at St. Andrews for awhile now and surprisingly there are a number of "people" on this single hole -- Going into the TeamYancy archivals for some screen cappers....."Stay With Me Now"

--- Yancy

PS ---- WOW on the screen cappers above. Simply WOW

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2017 2:13 PM

drmoose:
    who the hell opened the car door an' trunk ? That's it, I'm callin' in a full blown investigatable on this one , now !

Holy Macaroni, Batman, those cars are playing leapfrog!! The dark one got jumped by 2 light ones!! Maybe that's how they land-full flaps.   :-D

RSS