Forums

Help › Forums

Good Luck tonight Football fans

Sat, Apr 30 2011 3:31 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 11:57 AM

Who will get drafted number one? what will your team do? we will even have football this year? It will be interesting to see what my favorite team does tonight.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 2:04 PM

There will be a draft.. diluted of course because your team can't trade their picks...  diluted because teams can't address needs via "free agency".. and diluted because the owners are too busy trying to screw the players even up to and including 'contempt of court' charges filed against them.

That being said, and the fact that the US Court system is going to HAMMER them for their actions over the last few months, there will be football.  The owners have been told to put all their little ducks in a row and get back to the business of football.. and stop being such greedy bastards.

My team (49ers) would be better suited acquiring a free-agent QB (Hello Kevin Kalb) and drafting that stud Patrick Peterson, CB from LSU.... But they won't because of the legal crap.  So, the 'experts' say the QB from Missouri (Gabbert).

We didn't do very well on our last QB first round pick... passing over a local kid by the name of Aaron Rodgers with the first pick of the draft.

Yea.. that worked out really well.....  /sigh

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 2:14 PM

Well, they say Gabbet could be a really good pick as a q.b. It was said today that all free agent deals can start on friday so that should open the door for some second round deals.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 2:54 PM

Gabbet won't be there when it's SF's turn. If, and a big if, he's available for the 3rd pick the Buffalo Bozos will probably grab him in their never ending search for another Jim Kelly. That is, of course, if Cam Newton gets snatched first. 

Here's to another 4 win season in Buffalo.  :-(

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 6:36 PM

Snaike:
    So, the 'experts' say the QB from Missouri (Gabbert).

Looks like you are safe Snaike, he dropped to 10th and they passed him up. Surprised he went that high, too many question marks (Gabbert, that is)....

Interesting too to see how the QB interest has moved Christian Ponder from a 2nd round pick to #12 overall. Good fit for the Vikes which seem at their best when running a tightly controlled west coast offense, but seemed a bit too high of a pick to waste on him, even for the Vikes.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 11:23 PM

Oh for hellsake...  Aldon Smith?!?! SF uses pick 7 for a DLineman?

I see what they're doing.. they really want Andrew Luck next year.  SF's new coach (Harbaugh) coached Luck at Stanford last year... so, he's gonna throw the season to get pick 1 next year.   (/sarcasm)

The only reason Newton went #1 is because Luck stayed in school.

Think about it.

Really though, unless SF deals with the QB issue there's really no hope for next year for 49er fans.  

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 3:09 AM

Jab - I didn't even know San Fran played football anymore...lol

Go Chiefs!

Wait, do they even play anymore?

At least we still have J.Charles to do some dirty work.

Really, Ingram in the NO, thats a way to drive out the second best rusher in the league.  

R. Bush is out 100% now.  Tweeted he was gone minutes after the pick.

LC

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 4:07 AM

I just can't believe the patriots traded away the 28th pick to the Saints. Did the patriots need a running back? probably not but  I thought we would have gone for a lineman or even a corner back. I hope it works out for them with 3 picks in the second round.

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 12:18 PM

Might just work for them in the long run.  They can pick up some of the prospects that didn't go in the first round...lol

Of course, why would you change a 14-2 roster?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 12:22 PM

Well I'll be hornswoggled, Martha, the Buffalo Bills went totally against Hoyle and decided to get some run stopping help. 

What were they thinking-Gabbert was still there!! Oh, must be missing the playoffs for 10 straight seasons finally clued them. About friggin time.

• PAGES
RSS