Help › Forums

Only have 600 credits..need new driver

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 27 2011 8:10 AM (20 replies)
  • TheProfessorX
    41 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 11:25 AM

rutgernohl:

But if u really want to lower your score think about buying 2 wedges  and buy some balls for extra distance.

rutger

One of these would replace my  Lob wegde and the other my sand wedge?

• 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 1:03 PM

TheProfessorX:

rutgernohl:

But if u really want to lower your score think about buying 2 wedges  and buy some balls for extra distance.

rutger

One of these would replace my  Lob wegde and the other my sand wedge?

you got it

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 1:34 PM

Next question-which ones, I bet.   ;-)   The 2 Pings for 110 credits each would be a great addition. Once you get them learn all the shots with them. There are 5 shots with each of them and you will really have good coverage inside 85 yards.

• Bristoluk
    412 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 2:15 PM

TheProfessorX:

Right now I am at Pro(Level 28) and I want to upgrade my driver.

I am using the starter driver that you upgrade to for free in your bag.

I want to be able to add about 10-20 yds per drive. I currently average 221 per drive.

Is the TailorMade driver for 600 credits worth it or should I try to get another one?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

wait till you get to level 29 then rent out the R11 4 a day to try it it wd b a good driver 4 your level

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 3:12 PM

You're right, Bristoluk, but buster's advice is really good. The OP can get 3 clubs immediately that will improve his game in a number of areas besides off the tee. I only learned from buster's post about the 245 yard Plus driver which is really a good deal and leaves credits left over for the wedges.

• rutgernohl
    188 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 5:17 PM

YankeeJim:

@rutger-He was talking about the whole Plus set, not the driver.

Sorry was a bit late last night!

Nice to see u got more than u asked for. 

happy hitting.

rutger

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 5:39 PM

Oh boy, Ladies and Gentlemen-he went for buster's package. 1 driver a 2 wedges later our Professor friend is off to the races!  New toys are always fun. GL to you, Prof.   :-)

• TheProfessorX
    41 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 6:14 PM

YankeeJim:

Oh boy, Ladies and Gentlemen-he went for buster's package. 1 driver a 2 wedges later our Professor friend is off to the races!  New toys are always fun. GL to you, Prof.   :-)

Yes thats what I did. It is going to take me a few days to get used to the meter of the new driver. I wont be playing any ranked rounds for a little while. Once I get the meter down then the sky is the limit.

I will practice some and play some match play rounds until I get the feel of all my new clubs.

The 2 wedges and the driver were a steal for the amount I paid for them. All new players should be made aware of this.

Much thanks to Buster for the idea. Thanks to everyone for their advice. 

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2011 12:14 PM

Um, the R11 isn't available until 29.  The Tour Pro Plus was available at level 6.  I was using it for 23 levels before I was even eligible to buy the R11.  I also prefer slower meters and the Tour Plus has a much slower meter than the R11.  Pretty simple, really.  A meter that fits me better that I can get 23 levels before the other?

And yes, I was talking the whole set.  I played the Tour Plus full set from level 6 to level 48.

• TheProfessorX
    41 Posts
    Fri, May 27 2011 7:35 AM

I just added the Spider Putter to my bag.

Hopefully I will be able to improve my putting which is getting better.

I hope the increased forgiveness helps me on some of the putts that I barely miss.

Anyone else use the spider putter?

RSS