Forums

Help › Forums

It's a Joke....Right?

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 19 2017 4:12 PM (21 replies)
  • BlueJ53
    4 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 3:27 PM

Everything about this game is BS. Distances, wind effect, greens slopes, chips, sand shots, shots out of the rough etc. etc. I don't care if I am a new player I can still recognize a game that's either controlled by a random number generator or is just simply not very well thought out and developed in any realistic manner. Either way it appears to be another one of those money grab games or perhaps it's just somebody's idea of a sick joke designed to frustrate.

Probably both.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 6:37 PM

BlueJ53:

Everything about this game is BS. Distances, wind effect, greens slopes, chips, sand shots, shots out of the rough etc. etc. I don't care if I am a new player I can still recognize a game that's either controlled by a random number generator or is just simply not very well thought out and developed in any realistic manner. Either way it appears to be another one of those money grab games or perhaps it's just somebody's idea of a sick joke designed to frustrate.

Probably both.

If you really want to learn this game, it takes lots of practice and hard work, and there are people who normally would help you.  However from the attitude shown in your post above, I don't think that's likely in your case.   

WGT says that you can play the game for free.  They didn't say you would be good at it with free equipment and free starter balls.   After playing 23 Ranked Rounds since you joined in April you come across with an attitude that says you think you know everything about how to play this game.  

I doubt you will ever be happy and enjoy playing at WGT.  Every bad shot will happen to you because WGT is messing with your game, not because you made a mistake.  Perhaps the best thing for you to do might be to just leave and cut your losses.   

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 8:17 PM

BlueJ53:
    I don't care if

Clearly.

BlueJ53:
    I can still recognize

Clearly not.

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 11:49 PM

You should take into consideration that this Starter equipment that you have has low "quality". Shots won't play as you imagine, and throttling down the power is only possible in a narrow range.

Furthermore, the default "caddy's" proposal is wrong most of the time.

General hint: Check every shot, and don't play pitches or chips.

And yes, there is some variance in the shots, but - hey - that's golf!

Have fun, and play nine holers +  tournaments ;)

• craigswan
    31,550 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 6:14 AM

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 7:06 AM

So every shot you take should be perfect? Every putt should drop from no matter where you putt from?

If that were the case I would leave from boredom.

All of those players you see shooting low score have invested a lot of time to get where they are. They started playing this game when equipment was basic and they learned how to play the courses with what was available. Which wasn't much.

Through learning course management and the advent of newer gear they can tear the place up. They earned it. 

Unless I miss my guess I'd say you are from the younger generation. The one that thinks everything should be made easier for them simply because they exist.

Surprise! Sometimes life sucks.

• Bud1211
    1 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 7:39 AM

BlueJ53, I completely agree.  They made this game so hard that it is no fun at all to play.  Give me the old Links 2001 any day...better graphics and true to reality physics.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 8:05 AM

alosso:
    General hint: Check every shot, and don't play pitches or chips.

WHAT??!!

RSS