Help › Forums

It's a Joke....Right?

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 19 2017 4:12 PM (21 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 8:40 AM

Bud1211:

BlueJ53, I completely agree.  They made this game so hard that it is no fun at all to play.  Give me the old Links 2001 any day...better graphics and true to reality physics.

Another "expert" opinion from someone who has played 23 Ranked Rounds in ALMOST 4 YEARS!!!  You make the case for everyone who has said that it takes time, effort and lots of  practice to learn the game.

The only question is why are you still here if it sucks so bad?

• climatic
    183 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 8:51 AM

alosso:

You should take into consideration that this Starter equipment that you have has low "quality". Shots won't play as you imagine, and throttling down the power is only possible in a narrow range.

Furthermore, the default "caddy's" proposal is wrong most of the time.

General hint: Check every shot, and don't play pitches or chips.

And yes, there is some variance in the shots, but - hey - that's golf!

Have fun, and play nine holers +  tournaments ;)

No Pitches? You are kidding right?

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 11:35 AM

PaulTon:

alosso:
    General hint: Check every shot, and don't play pitches or chips.

WHAT??!!

I'm sure he meant situations, where the caddy chooses chip in silly situations, where chip would never work.

But I have to say, that ever since I ditched the starter wedges (about 2 months after I joined), I'haven't even touched the pitch. i flopped everything from 8 yards to 40 yards. Worked very well. I only started pitching 6 months ago, when I finally swapped my L42 64 degree Ping for the L80 CG. Works as well as flops did before and I'm using both types equally.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 11:37 AM

The OP wrote a similar post in another thread 3 days before this. I guess he wasn't happy with the answer, copied below. But at least he proved my assumptions to be correct.

copy:

mkrizan86:

BlueJ53:

I agree....This game is full of inconsistencies from the numbers not matching to the effect (or non effect) of the wind to the breaks on the greens. As an example to its being far from reality, I've played a lot of real golf and I've never ever played a course where if your approach shot hits 10 - 15 yards in front of the green it then proceeds to run through it to10 - 15 yards off the back. It's so far from reality that it's almost laughable but instead it's actually cursable. The WGT devs responsible for this crap should be ashamed of themselves and get their act together. Maybe they should get off their lazy asses and go out and play the real thing so they can learn how the mechanics of the game really work.

It's got great game potential but certainly not as long as this kind of lame fantasy style algorithm writing continues to plague it to this rediculous extent.  

I'll make this short. You've been playing for a month and you're using starter gear. It sucks. So does your game (at this point). 

So, hush, practice, spent 6-7k of credits on gear when you reach L59 and you might just realise how little you knew, when you wrote this post.

Or, keep moaning, do nothing and miss out on great fun this game can offer. Actually, one can still have fun with the free stuff, but it takes a hell of a lot more effort and practice and you don't sound like the type that would do that ;-)

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 1:34 PM

BlueJ53:

perhaps it's just somebody's idea of a sick joke designed to frustrate.

Golf IRL frustrates, its the nature of its design.

Get a ball into a small hole from various distances with a bent stick, whilst folk plant trees and put sand pits in to frustrate even more.

Now, do you play xbox and use cheats ?

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 1:36 PM

There was a 25-26mph wind blowing left to right, I aimed for the center of the fairway and my ball ended up going into the right rough. Why didn't my ball go where I aimed?

I was on the fairway and it said the hole was 148yds away and 26ft up. I hit my 150yd iron and it came up very short. Why?

My ball was 20ft. from the pin and it said 10 inches down. The green speed was Very Fast 10, so I putted for 10 as fast as I could but it must not have been fast enough for ' Very Fast ' because it didn't make it. Why?

And what are the squares for, and why are all of those dots moving around? All that does is confuse me.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 1:53 PM

@SlicedPepper

Well played! 😅

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 2:29 PM

Bud1211:

They made this game so hard that it is no fun at all to play.

Waaa, mommy.  Why can't I play as well as the other boys?  Why does my nose run when I blubber?  Why are my pants wet?

For a serious and well thought out answer to a forum post please refer to SlicedPepper.

For a quick poke in the eye with a shitty stick, I'm your guy.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 3:16 PM

The joke must be on me ,  I have been here for a little bit and have had a blast with all the fun times .

OPY

RSS