Help › Forums

Hiya, I'm new

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 12 2011 12:47 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Turdnubblin
    6 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 4:54 PM

I am enjoying the game so far but am disappointed with trying to get credits.   I like most others would rather not pay for them, nor do I want to waste my time doing lame-o surveys.

So I have played perhaps 7 rounds of stroke play and realized that at some point I got 50 credits.  Boooya!!  How might I have gotten them?  How do I get more, by just playing?

Thanks in advance,  please feel free to gift credits to me.. :)

• troyronaldson
    382 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 6:30 PM

compete in each weeks tournaments free of charge also the closet to hole tourneys good luck. bigger luck with people gifting you credits lol

• DanTheHackMan
    9 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 7:50 PM

Someone told me that when you move up in rank..hack to amateur etc., you get credits. But I'm new and just a hack so I'm not sure.

Welcome and best o' luck!

• ALUMGOLD
    150 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 8:48 PM

Amateur: 50 credits
    Pro: 100 credits
    Tour Pro: 125 credits 
    Master: 150 credits
    Tour Master: 175 credits
    Legend: 200 credits

When you achieve a new level of expertise you receive a small token from WGT.

All your questions about anything here is a simple matter of using the SEARCH available

on the right side of the page.

Type in CREDITS  or FREE CREDITS in the search and you will get valuable info from the experienced players here on the do's and don'ts, what works and what doesn't. 

• Turdnubblin
    6 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 10:17 PM

Typically I would say that you are right, but when I search that you get a couple of thousand hits.  Mosly garbage like my question.  There needs to be a solid explanation of what to do and not to do  and it needs to be pinned. 

If it is and I missed it, a thousand apologies.

ps thanks for your response I appriciate it.

• Turdnubblin
    6 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 10:34 PM

Im pissed I spent my first 50 credits on balls.  I did not know they would be gone as I fired them all into the drink.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2011 9:43 AM

Turdnubblin:

Im pissed I spent my first 50 credits on balls.  I did not know they would be gone as I fired them all into the drink.

sorry about your choice of purchase.   lol, that still happens to me, lose 1 out of every sleeve early on.  like a new car getting dinged right after you buy it.  i would suggest up-grading to the wgt+plus set of clubs, then only buy a sleeve of balls to have on hand when ever you wish to be uber competative.  i used the gs13 and the plus set for almost 2 years.  at that time my birthday was due and my wife went thru the pro shop, (with my guidence) and bought those items i thought i would appreaciate recieving as birthday gifts.  to this day she says it was the cheapest birthday she ever bought me, and everything fit, with nothing returned!  my nickel, live and learn.   lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2011 9:49 AM

Turdnubblin:

Sounds like you might want to do a little reading. Start here. Then read some more in these forums-it's not all garbage and you are not the first to go through this, there's a few million that have been there.  

• Turdnubblin
    6 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2011 3:50 PM

Hiya YankeeJim, thanks for the reply.

Believe me I am not above using the search button.  I have and it is not easy to find good info.  I did find one where a fellow described his first year here.  I found that somewhat helpful.  As a newb it is not easy to avoid the pitfalls....  hey I'm gonna search that!!

Fore!

oh and thanks for the help link, there was some stuff in there that was usefull to me at this time. :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2011 5:13 PM

Turdnubblin:
    Believe me I am not above using the search button.  I have and it is not easy to find good info.

Too true, the search engine kinda sucks and a lot of the answers are from the same thread. Infinito is the guy that makes good posts about stuff like that . Search his name and you get serious good info.

This should fill you in on the ball durability.  :-)

http://wgt.com/forums/t/38878.aspx?PageIndex=1

• PAGES
RSS