Forums

Help › Forums

56's on congressional

Sun, May 22 2011 2:43 PM (85 replies)
  • OkieX
    175 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 3:34 PM

Um....Bollox.....would you mind taking a break......a few of  us bush league guys are trying to make the cut.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 3:59 PM

Heath021:

Wait until they have only one shot to shoot low. 

Ummmm.....you might've just answered that one.....

Heath021:
    ....great shooting Bollox

lol

Of course, there's always Avatar.  Seems like he's been woodshedding it for while now, so who knows what new tricks he might pull out? 

Not to mention a veritable host of others inhabiting the upper echelons of the WGT pantheon.  Undoubtedly poised, and ready to strike quickly for the jugular at the first sign of weakness....

Ahhhh, the Majors. 

What fun!

*smile*

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 4:28 PM

Jerm65:
    Seems like he's been woodshedding it for while now, so who knows what new tricks he might pull out? 

Heh-That woodshed is over in Scotland. He left yesterday to enjoy the trip of a lifetime that he won last year from WGT.   :-)

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 4:59 PM

Yeah, the lucky bugger!

I was more referring to the fact that he seemed a bit less "visible" over the winter months than in previous years.  Could just be from playing lots of CC tourneys as opposed to public ones though.

(Or lots of practice rounds? lol)

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 6:14 PM

I couldn't resist putting some of the AvLee rumors to rest.   He's not playing much lately because his job / family are taking up a lot of time.  But i'm sure he'll contend in the end.   I'm also quite sure he is not doing CC tourneys because well ... we don't really do them in our club.   When we do they are never for credits.   Occasionally someone will sponsor one with prizes .... Lots of good players in  the club .. and lots of very generous ones.

Some of the prizes I remember are - Chili's Gift Certificates, A case of Omaha Steaks (for the NCAA March Madness tourney), Prime Rib Eyes, The Potty Putter, Cleveland Wedges, Dozens and Dozens of sleeves of Callaway's and my personal favorite ... a replica of the Leg Lamp from Christmas Story (for our Fantasy Football League).   Right now there's a CTTH one going on for 2 full sets of the TM Irons.    Of course you can always win Callaways in our monthly country club on-line poker games.  :)

• RyanKlein
    42 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 7:51 PM

What can't Birdie 11 & 15? dude you suck.

• gotstewart
    201 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 8:28 PM

bearclaw27:

Are the Burner 2.0's that much better than the G10's..?

I just turned legend a few days ago, so i know I'm not the most qualified to answer, but I'm going to any anyway.  Yes the burner 2 are that much better than the g10 and i15's for that matter.  only seen one hole umm... bethpage back (sorry i'm half drunk right now so i dont remember the hole)  that a 4 iron didnt stop on the green.  I do remember that shot had a 21mph  crosswind so i dont know what the hell would have stopped that ball on the green).  after using the i15's and  the going back to the g10s the meter speed is not that bad and accuracy is a hell of a lot better after a missed ding.  just my opinion of course.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 10:14 PM

OkieX:

Um....Bollox.....would you mind taking a break......a few of  us bush league guys are trying to make the cut.

Yes, that would be nice...lol....I have no chance of making the cut, but.. What they say in the real world.. 'The lower the cut means, one less good player beating you'....lol

Cheers

Roger

• Neecer
    1 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 11:14 PM

Gutterguy I am the same as you. I have played and played and just cannot compete with those low scores. Maybe WGT should take a look at these tourneys and have ones for those of us that consitantly hit around our handicap. Use an average of 50 or 100 completed rounds and put everyone into flights according to their handicap. I am sitting at 69 for my average master score. Played congressional 25 times and my best score is 74. Im just not that good. congrats to those who can shoot a 56. Its just an idea. But just keep playing and having fun

• cruiser1
    74 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 12:56 AM

NO SH!T, GIVE THE REST OF US A F@CKING BREAK!!!!!

RSS