Sun, Jun 5 2011 7:33 PM (65 replies)
  • WoodyMPW
    25 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 4:44 PM

Cry us a river.

• BJORNAGAIN1
    382 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 5:22 PM

I have got to say as I play golf for real to a resonably good standard and I enjoy 

it immensely. But when the winter' close's  in and I can't  play my course I think WGT is a great substitute to keep me occupied.

I love the way that the putting can be difficult as it is in the real game. The programmer's have tried to take into account the different green speeds and slopes and undulations to test us to the utmost.

The electronic caddie is pretty close to selecting the correct club. The only thing you need to do is take the wind strength and direction into consideration.

To date I haven't  found a better golf  program on line that even come's close to WGT 

You also have to remember  that WGT does not force you to buy clubs and balls. The choice is yours.

The fact that a company like WGT even allows your post Steve to be published speaks volume's for the company's confidence and all it's loyal supporters like me who will continue to defend it as it gives me and many  hours of enjoyment and pleasure.

Oh bye the way Steve Do you work for a rival company?

Thought I would ask.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 5:42 PM

Hear Hear Bjornagain!

Lizzie xx

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 5:50 PM

jtynan9:

I'm with you....this game is *** stupid....nothing is close to being like real golf....and *** everybody for saying ***....*** waste of time ever playing this game....good thing i never put money into it and who cares about score or any of that ***...it's not the player it's this *** pos game.

idiot.

tbe

• RickBarenes
    215 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 5:56 PM

Bud I and other battle the same stuff meters etc.Even know I rant sometimes cause it affects my night of golfing I come back the next day swing away.I spent tons of money on this thing for my own enjoyment.I have met allot of fun ppl to play with I do not do any tournies with prizes once in awhile I might with some friend for fun but I play my own game do not compete with anyone buy myself. drink some beer get some rest see ya on the linx tomorrow 

• owright3
    26 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 6:03 PM

I must say from the onset I love this game. I have played it consistenly (and upgraded my clubs and balls accordingly) to the point where I stand  as a Master Level 62. I simply love the game. I went the next step, however, and looked for tournaments. I won one at my Country Club, and looked at the ones available to everyone.

I was totally discouraged when I saw the leaderboards on these "tournaments". I am sorry, but I don't believe these guys are scoring 55 and even less without help. I made the mistake of looking on UTUBE and saw the software crafted for the sole purpose of cheating on this game. It saddened me greatly, knowing that at a certain level I will be competing unfairly against cheats. Look at the latest US OPEN for example. Why even enter, unless you plan to cheat?

Again, this isn't WGT's fault and I don't know what they can do to combat it. It sure takes the fun out of competition, though, when you know you can come within 10 strokes of the Leaders and their software.

owright3 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 6:37 PM

owright3:

I must say from the onset I love this game. I have played it consistenly (and upgraded my clubs and balls accordingly) to the point where I stand  as a Master Level 62. I simply love the game. I went the next step, however, and looked for tournaments. I won one at my Country Club, and looked at the ones available to everyone.

I was totally discouraged when I saw the leaderboards on these "tournaments". I am sorry, but I don't believe these guys are scoring 55 and even less without help. I made the mistake of looking on UTUBE and saw the software crafted for the sole purpose of cheating on this game. It saddened me greatly, knowing that at a certain level I will be competing unfairly against cheats. Look at the latest US OPEN for example. Why even enter, unless you plan to cheat?

Again, this isn't WGT's fault and I don't know what they can do to combat it. It sure takes the fun out of competition, though, when you know you can come within 10 strokes of the Leaders and their software.

owright3 

Find Horse

Beat Horse

Hopefully Horse will be dead.

Just curious, does anyone read what some of the memebers who've been here awhile say on this subject? 

And do you members that are sure someone is cheating...do you stop to think for a bit of how things were when you started, i/e you didn't play BPB cause you never parred a hole...now you shoot it at 3/4/5....etc under par?

Do you stop to think about the members posting these low scores have been on WGT since about day one (or close to it).

Do you stop to think that after 3/4/5 years you might be breaking 60, then you'll be a cheater?

Geesh, look at the leader boards on the top tourneys, please look at them...click on the members name, see how long they have been here.

These folks did not start 2 months ago and begin shooting sub 30 9 hole rounds, etc...

Just put the stick down, the horse is dead.  Man up and get some game,or really, just quit tossing accusations around because of "what you saw on Utube"...crimeny, download all the Cheat stuff you can...then invite one of the top players to play, heck, invite me...I'll show you (and I'm woeful at best in my Tier) that Cheat software will not put you in the 50's.

Dang, just put it to rest already...go open up a "WGT Cheaters" website, these accusations get old.

• owright3
    26 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 8:19 PM

OK, in spite of the vitriol, I accepted your challenge. What I found out, in checking out the leaders of the current OPEN in progress (the leader shot a 54, I believe) was the following:

1.  I looked at the top four, and none had considerable more time than I have at WGT. I started in 2009. Perhaps I am just 10-15 shots worse then they are......but.....

2. How come they NEVER have a bad score? a bad day? I know I do. Their scores are consistent, and have not wavered as far back as WGT will let me look. To get a 54, you have to average 3 strokes per hole for 18 holes. Essentially that means a birdie on every hole. Sorry, you cannot convince me, nor the average golfer on this site, that this happens without some sort of aid.

3.  I don't need to "man up"; I live with the scores I shoot, and try to improve. My criticism doesn't warrant a separate web site; I have played consistently on this site and have earned a voice in it's future direction. I am not whining- just want to insure a level playing field for all those that come behind me. I know WGT would back me in that desire. The realism and difficulty of these courses do not breed consistent scores in the 50's. Sorry.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 9:29 PM

Yes, you do need to man up.

Lemme ask you, do you shoot basketball?  I do.  I have been since I was 7 years old.  nearly 40 years.  Lebron James has been playing a lot less time than Ihave, yet he is infinitely better.  I assume it is because he cheats.

No, the fact is that you and othersare whining about cheating because... now listen closely... you just aren't as good as the top players at this.  So, rather than take a realistic look in the mirror, you throw stones.  Easier to cast aspersions on others than to be a man.

Einstein cheated at math.

Jonas Salk cheated at chemistry.

Carl Sagan cheated at space.

Davinci cheated at art.

Michael Jordan cheated at basketball.

Babe Ruth cheated at baseball.

Megan Fox cheats at hotness.

Martin Luther King cheated at oratory.

These are all people that are or were better at what they do than you are.  They must be cheaters.

So yeah, you were told to man up because a man accepts his shortycomings and tries to improve ion them.  He doesn't blame others for what he lacks.

• okwestly
    176 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 9:59 PM

agreed

RSS